U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,937,210 times

Advertisements

I'm not getting the Deep South either. Where did people come up with that one?

Mississippi is 40% black, and whites are not necessarily of Northern European origins.
The Dakotas are almost entirely white, and whites are mostly of Northern European origins.

It would be really hard to have Mississippi more blond, unless I'm missing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 PM

7,812 posts, read 12,316,247 times
West Virginia has a lot of blondes.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:58 PM

363 posts, read 616,946 times
I'd agree with Minnesota and North Dakota. Wisconsin has too many Germans, and in my experience, being German myself, there aren't as many German blondes as you think. In my own family, my mother's side is German. My grandma was blonde and typical n. German, but my grandpa was also n. german and even had a little danish ancestry was dark complected and had black hair. So in my experience Germans are all over the board.
Don't get me wrong, iowa, wisconsin, South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, and Kansas probably have a higher percentage than a lot of places, but the German thing doesn't mean blonde.

Last edited by greenbay33; 12-15-2013 at 11:10 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 11:18 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,633,260 times
I'm sure California has been at least said a million times in this thread. But at least half the girls in Arizona are blonde (or so it feels like, as a blonde girl in Arizona). If we were to limit to race, probably most of the white girls here have blonde hair. It would depend if it means the full head of hair, or highlights, etc. Full head? Well, all the brunettes here try it once.

Other states I would take a guess at is Florida, Hawaii, Texas, etc. States with big city life or amenities that are warm in general.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:22 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,509,702 times
Southern Girls

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:26 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,937,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I'm sure California has been at least said a million times in this thread. But at least half the girls in Arizona are blonde (or so it feels like, as a blonde girl in Arizona). If we were to limit to race, probably most of the white girls here have blonde hair. It would depend if it means the full head of hair, or highlights, etc. Full head? Well, all the brunettes here try it once.

Other states I would take a guess at is Florida, Hawaii, Texas, etc. States with big city life or amenities that are warm in general.
I would guess that California, Florida, Hawaii, and Texas would be some of the least blond states. What am I missing here?

Hawaii is like 25% white. California, Florida and Texas are either majority nonwhite or soon to be majority nonwhite. I don't see how they can be particularly blond compared to 95%+ white states that are filled with Scandinavians and other Northern Europeans.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,819,909 times
Hubba hubba

Seriously though, I would think that many of the Southern and Midwest states would have plenty of blonde women. I did see some map indicating the common ancestry of each county in the U.S. and noticed that a lot of the states in the Midwest have a lot of German ancestry. Many Germans are relatively more blonde compared to a few other White European groups.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:56 PM

12,633 posts, read 10,483,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
Southern Girls

Britney Spears isn't even naturally blonde.

Minnesota, to me, seems like a state that would have a lot of blondes.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:18 AM

1,775 posts, read 2,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Britney Spears isn't even naturally blonde.

Minnesota, to me, seems like a state that would have a lot of blondes.
I never said the blondes down South were natural.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 AM

831 posts, read 2,715,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbay33 View Post
I'd agree with Minnesota and North Dakota. Wisconsin has too many Germans, and in my experience, being German myself, there aren't as many German blondes as you think. In my own family, my mother's side is German. My grandma was blonde and typical n. German, but my grandpa was also n. german and even had a little danish ancestry was dark complected and had black hair. So in my experience Germans are all over the board.
Don't get me wrong, iowa, wisconsin, South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, and Kansas probably have a higher percentage than a lot of places, but the German thing doesn't mean blonde.
Its because most people claiming german ancestry in the US

1) arent pure german genetically, many have tons of old stock british blood which they ignore or simply dont know about.

2) many of those german roots arent from germany itself but from allemanic peoples, such as german speaking areas in france and switzerland.

3) Most of the real germans migrated from some of the darker haired areas of germany such as saarland or Rhineland Palatine.

Germans have tons of blonde, If you walk in any middle to small sized city in germany there are far more blondes than among your average white american group, and I speak with germans everyday so I know what Im talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or