U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM

84 posts, read 171,716 times

Advertisements

@mdf2011... the SF walking tour was ok. We didn't have much time to research the different tours while we were there, we just kind of picked one that was closest to our hotel so we just walked to it. It was a pretty lon% walk! By the time we made it to the hotel where everyone met for the tour, it was time to start walking again lol. I can't remember the section of town, but it was where alot of the old Victorian houses were, and you couldn't go inside any of the houses, you just stop by them and the guide tells you the stories about them. It was ok, the tour guide was clever, funny, and interesting. I'd say it was worth it, but man our feet were killing us by the time we made it back to our hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 01:17 AM

46 posts, read 67,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus18 View Post
@mdf2011... the SF walking tour was ok. We didn't have much time to research the different tours while we were there, we just kind of picked one that was closest to our hotel so we just walked to it. It was a pretty lon% walk! By the time we made it to the hotel where everyone met for the tour, it was time to start walking again lol. I can't remember the section of town, but it was where alot of the old Victorian houses were, and you couldn't go inside any of the houses, you just stop by them and the guide tells you the stories about them. It was ok, the tour guide was clever, funny, and interesting. I'd say it was worth it, but man our feet were killing us by the time we made it back to our hotel.
Thanks! Yeah, SF has those hills and the streets are usually long. If I'm going to do that much walking, I want it to be worth it. I prefer to go on tours where I'm able to go inside the establishments. It sort of takes away from the excitement of going on a haunted tour, if there's no chance of experiencing the haunting yourself. Unfortunately, I think there's only one ghost tour in the city. Did the guide have on a top hat? If so, it's the one I'm thinking of.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:38 AM

13,420 posts, read 16,966,698 times
Savannah markets itself as "The Most Haunted City in America" and right now the ghost tours are out of control. In fact, the city is having meetings about trying to better regulate them. There's walking tours, black-light tours, costumed trolley tours, blue-orb tours, hearse tours, lantern tours, haunted pub tours, etc -- the list goes on! There's even a Disney-style attraction on River Street -- Perkins & Sons Haunted Ship Chancellory -- where you go inside this theater in an old warehouse, the lights go out and things ... happen. I used to work for them and could sell you a ticket for $25 -- but wouldn't recommend it. I will say in all my years of living in this city and walking from one end of the Historic District to the other at all hours of the night, I have never seen anything to frighten me. But that's just me. 11 million people visited Savannah last year and a LOT of them spent big $$ trying to see a ghost. Who am I to judge?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf2011 View Post
Thanks! Yeah, SF has those hills and the streets are usually long. If I'm going to do that much walking, I want it to be worth it. I prefer to go on tours where I'm able to go inside the establishments. It sort of takes away from the excitement of going on a haunted tour, if there's no chance of experiencing the haunting yourself. Unfortunately, I think there's only one ghost tour in the city. Did the guide have on a top hat? If so, it's the one I'm thinking of.
Yep, that sounds like the one... yeah we were slightly bummed we couldn't go in the buildings, however, the hotel where everyone meets at the start of the tour is supposedly haunted, and we had unfettered access there, and took lots of photos. I think it was called the Queen Anne Hotel. After the tour was done and everyone went their own way, I talked one on one with the guide for a bit, he was a pretty cool guy. Here's a link to the tour I took. Join San Francisco's Original Supernatural Adventure Walking Tour. Meet real ghosts from wild and romantic times gone by!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,166,272 times
Cape May NJ has some pretty good ghost tours actually

Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM

@Newsboy, wow looks like there's a boom in the "ghost industry" in your town! I can see how the locals may be getting miffed when they can't go anywhere without bumping into a bunch of people looking for ghouls lol. Kinda reminds me of staying at the Farnsworth B&B in Gettysburg. Seems there was a ghost tour being advertised every 500 feet on Baltimore Ave.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I posted quite a few strange images I caught on camera on this forum a couple of years ago. The thread is kind of long with a lot of pages, but I started posting here on this link, and continued on the pages after. These photos were taken at supposed haunted locations in different parts of the country, including some really weird images from my own local bar right up the street from me. There are some other photos and story's posted by other members as well that are very interesting

Have you caught a ghost in a picture?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 AM

205 posts, read 330,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus18 View Post
By the way, in case anyone is interested, I posted quite a few strange images I caught on camera on this forum a couple of years ago. The thread is kind of long with a lot of pages, but I started posting here on this link, and continued on the pages after. These photos were taken at supposed haunted locations in different parts of the country, including some really weird images from my own local bar right up the street from me. There are some other photos and story's posted by other members as well that are very interesting

Have you caught a ghost in a picture?
Very cool picture! I have a few on my camera that I need to dig up!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeclipsedheart View Post
Very cool picture! I have a few on my camera that I need to dig up!
Thanks, continue on to the following pages on that thread, I posted a lot more. If you have any photos of your own, I'm sure people here, including myself, would like to see them. Post them on that same ghost photo thread if you want.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 PM

56,085 posts, read 54,581,442 times
I went on a Haunted Las Vegas tour. It was pretty good. You go on a small bus after dark, and they take you to the Flamingo and you get out and go to the area where people claim to see Bugsy Siegel's ghost. Then a place where Liberace used to play (or maybe he owned it) and supposedly people see him there. Then you go to this park outside of Vegas where there is supposed to be a lot of ghost activity going back to pioneer days.

The guy who ran the tour was a retired funeral director, and he had white hair and wore a long black coat and top hat. There's also a TV on the bus where he shows photos of places as he's talking, and he flashed up on the screen for a couple minutes what he claimed were Tupac's autopsy photos (he warns you first). There were other autopsy pics, too.

He did have video from the hotel cameras showing Tupac kicking the crap out of some guy on the floor in the lobby, and then a photo that a fan shot of a close-up of Tupac's face looking out the car window a minute before he got shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.