U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 04:27 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,153,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Going for a wedding, but hey since I'm there might as well check it out. I mean with all the hype surrounding it, I probably will like it.
I doubt it. I hated the darn city for 3 years before I warmed up to it.

I think it is only when you miss the benefits of living here that you miss it.

We do have a Korean area though, even tho it is small. There are a couple of restaurants and stores in Korea Town.

Houston is just too massive to appreciate on a wedding tour
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,789,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Going for a wedding, but hey since I'm there might as well check it out. I mean with all the hype surrounding it, I probably will like it.
Depends on you and how open minded you are to a new place.

Summer is probably the worst time to see it, it gets hot for those 3 months of the year.

Also when you visit, keep these things in mind and you'll be able to avoid the complaints for it:
- The freeways and what you see off them are ugly, venture off the freeways and see some of the Inner Loop neighborhoods
- Remember it gets hot, you shouldn't go there expecting it to be Los Angeles weather
- Remember to ask questions about dining, where to visit, & other concerns on City-Data, we'll be happy to address them.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,751,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I doubt it. I hated the darn city for 3 years before I warmed up to it.

I think it is only when you miss the benefits of living here that you miss it.

We do have a Korean area though, even tho it is small. There are a couple of restaurants and stores in Korea Town.

Houston is just too massive to appreciate on a wedding tour
Yeah, I may check the Korean area out..thx!!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:17 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,277,285 times
This has been an enjoyable thread. Alot of great info and statistics. Some were even correct. Houston city population will eclipse Chicago in about 10-12 years if trends stay the same. The metro areas will be at the same level in about 30-35 years if current trends stay the same. And yes, when Houston does eclipse Chicago in population ranking at #3 it will be a huge marketing boon to the city of Houston and the state of Texas. We all have a huge sense of pride down here in Texas.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,200,060 times
Some posts above were deleted. If you don't agree with another post, aim your disagreement at the post, not the member who posted it. We don't allow insults here.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,561,389 times
I too think there are far too many threads on this subject....mine's bigger than yours.....time to change cities involved and add some more parameters.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,277,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I too think there are far too many threads on this subject....mine's bigger than yours.....time to change cities involved and add some more parameters.

People are just interested in what is current and imminent. I do agree though, there are alot of threads. Enjoy them while you can.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM

371 posts, read 518,390 times
I think Houston can soon overtake Chicago, but not Dallas or any other city like a San Antonio or Phoenix.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM

4,138 posts, read 4,157,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin96 View Post
I think Houston can soon overtake Chicago, but not Dallas or any other city like a San Antonio or Phoenix.
Isn't Houston already bigger than San Antonio and Phoenix?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,789,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Isn't Houston already bigger than San Antonio and Phoenix?
Yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or