U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,163,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbiddle87 View Post
I don't need a hobby, this is fun. (pissing off people)
seems like you are getting pissed off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,579,546 times
I don't think it would affect Chicago's standing much - it WILL still be the KING of the Midwest! And I don't see any cities in the region passing it in my lifetime!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,579,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8loody View Post
San fran, boston, philly and miami are smaller cities than houston and more relavent.

If houston were to ever surpass chicago in city population it wouldn't mean anything
How can Houston be below San Fran, Boston, Philly and Miami in global relevance when its the home of BIG OIL? And NASA (which gave birth to MANY technologies we take for granted today)?

Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 AM

72 posts, read 155,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
seems like you are getting pissed off
Dude, learn when it's over. (it's over)

Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,163,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbiddle87 View Post
Dude, learn when it's over. (it's over)
yes math man its over

Old 10-27-2011, 06:31 AM

13,403 posts, read 21,192,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
How can Houston be below San Fran, Boston, Philly and Miami in global relevance when its the home of BIG OIL? And NASA (which gave birth to MANY technologies we take for granted today)?
Well it isn't the home of NASA, DC is.

But either way Houston is a very globally relevant city. I can't see it any other way.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 AM

8,931 posts, read 11,799,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Well it isn't the home of NASA, DC is.

But either way Houston is a very globally relevant city. I can't see it any other way.
Well, because it's a government agency, but they don't call DC the Space City.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 AM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, because it's a government agency, but they don't call DC the Space City.
True but it does not change the fact that DC is the home of NASA. Houston has the control center. Does not make less relevant either. It's a very important part of the US economy.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM

8,931 posts, read 11,799,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
True but it does not change the fact that DC is the home of NASA. Houston has the control center. Does not make less relevant either. It's a very important part of the US economy.
All I'm saying is that Houston is the city most people probably associate with NASA. Houston was the first word spoken from the moon; not Washington.

I'm sure this is all the other poster meant when he called Houston the "home" of it.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,152,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
All I'm saying is that Houston is the city most people probably associate with NASA. Houston was the first word spoken from the moon; not Washington.

I'm sure this is all the other poster meant when he called Houston the "home" of it.

Not totally sure

Goddard is very large in Green Belt MD, and Cape Kennedy is always my first image of NASA. Those rockets blasting away make a huge impression. Got to see a night launch from a distance but very impressive.

For Houston absolutely Oil comes to mind before NASA ever would, at least in my mind.

NASA has facilities all over the country. hell Fairmont WV has one

A serious question that I do not know the answer to. Which site employs more Goddard or Houston?

Also NASA advances are by no means limited to Houston Goddard produces some tremendous technology as well. Though overall NASA is behinf the DOD in terms of development by a pretty significant way, especially cutting edge technologies, they just take longer to make it mainstream from the DOD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or