U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,676,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebottom View Post
Do you know some of the names of these places?
Let's see here... For carpet, here's a list which includes other areas but you will be looking for Dalton, Ringgold, Rome, Calhoun, Chatsworth, Cartersville and Ft Oglethorpe. This will take you basically from Chattanooga to Atlanta down I75 on your tour of mills CARPET MILL LIST

Chattanooga steel mills, Siskin, Alloway and a large amount of fabricators.

We also have Broch/brach candy here in Chattanooga. A couple of chicken processors There's also Little Debbie in Apison/Collegedale.

Last edited by jkmewright; 08-11-2010 at 08:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM

56,621 posts, read 80,930,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Furniture City -- AKA: Grand Rapids, MI

Knoll employs 1000 workers in their furniture plant in Grand Rapids and is not the largest in the city (I think they are #4). Steelcase has over 5000 employees, and Herman Miller has over 4000 employees. Hayworth and American Seating also make office furniture in Grand Rapids. These are just the office furniture companies, there are also companies that focus on household furniture as well as smaller custom furniture makers.
Great choice, as Grand Rapids is known for having a pretty big furniture manufacturing industry. I think the OP would like it there too.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM

I believe that Jamestown NY also is known for it's furniture industry: About El Greco Woodworking

Crawford Furniture of Jamestown - Furniture Buying Tips

Artone Manufacturing — Custom furniture Solutions for the hospitality, commercial, healthcare and store fixture markets

This might help too: Central New York Jobs

Employment Opportunities

Capital Region Jobs

Furniture, Furniture, Furniture Careers, Furniture Jobs, Furnishings, Furniture Manufacturing, Furniture Design, Furniture Sales, Furniture Market, Furniture Manufacturer, Engineering, Furniture Chemicals, Furniture Plastic, Textiles, Wood, Paper, Pu

Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,150,063 times
Default Do you have factories in your city??

Yes.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:22 PM

38 posts, read 80,072 times
Thanks

I am getting excited as to have more places to research about moving there.

I just thought there might have been some in North Carolina. I thought I read somewhere that there in Charlotte.

As though I did not figure there were any in the west.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebottom View Post
Thanks

I am getting excited as to have more places to research about moving there.

I just thought there might have been some in North Carolina. I thought I read somewhere that there in Charlotte.

As though I did not figure there were any in the west.
I believe High Point is an area in NC with furniture factories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or