U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM

2,161 posts, read 2,469,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz
We have Taco Cabanas and Luby's here in Oklahoma. I wish we had HEB.

We have also have at least one Texadelphia here in OKC.

We have Johnnies Charcoal Broiler YUM!
I actually saw a Luby's in Louisiana once, but the Texas border wasn't that far away so I didn't think anything of it. Another thing I realized was that Whataburger is in several states. I would have put them, but then I remembered that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 10:18 PM

11,698 posts, read 21,488,667 times
America's becoming so homogenized so this is a difficult question to answer. I assume you mean chain, otherwise I can rattle off 50,000 "mom and pop" pizza places in the state of NJ. Chain though? I'm drawing a blank. I can name a lot we DON'T have, but a chain exclusive to NJ? Can't think of one.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:23 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,677,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
America's becoming so homogenized so this is a difficult question to answer. I assume you mean chain, otherwise I can rattle off 50,000 "mom and pop" pizza places in the state of NJ. Chain though? I'm drawing a blank. I can name a lot we DON'T have, but a chain exclusive to NJ? Can't think of one.
yes chain

Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,886,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I actually saw a Luby's in Louisiana once, but the Texas border wasn't that far away so I didn't think anything of it. Another thing I realized was that Whataburger is in several states. I would have put them, but then I remembered that.
Yeah they had a Luby's out in Phoenix too cause I ate at it a few times I don't think it's open anymore though.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:45 PM

6,855 posts, read 7,991,618 times
Indiana has one that I can think of:

Scotty's Brewhouse: Good Food, Good Brew, Good Blues, Good People

^^^^The website does not mention the planned expansion to Fort Wayne. Let's keep that between us, ok?

We also have Pizza King. I hesitate to mention Pizza King, because there are "true" Pizza Kings, and there are fake ones.

We also have Marsh Grocery stores

Marsh

I don't know, I guess that is what you are asking.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 PM

5,253 posts, read 3,232,373 times
Upstream Brewing Company

Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,852,581 times
Schroeders's New Deli

Good stuff, based on sprouts instead of lettuce.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 4,230,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

I know, I have been trying to think of a chain exclusive to NY state. There really aren't any. It's mostly mom/pop type places. There really aren't that many chains downstate.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:01 AM

4,386 posts, read 5,622,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I know, I have been trying to think of a chain exclusive to NY state. There really aren't any. It's mostly mom/pop type places. There really aren't that many chains downstate.
Come on New Yorker lol you don't know any lol?

There is one is called The Local Store.

The Local Store Wine Bar New York, NY

Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,886,365 times
Few more local chain places around Austin

Austin Java Cafe and Coffeehouse - Austin, Texas

Waterloo Ice House Austin, TX Cold Beer & Good Food

Austin's Pizza

Welcome to Baby Acapulco Restaurant

Austin Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar - Iron Cactus of Austin Dallas and San Antonio

Kerbey Lane Cafe | Homegrown austin food!

Maudie's

Serranos - Tex-Mex Restaurant in US Tex-Mex Restaurants

HOME OF THE SHACK TACO

Austin Sub Sandwich Shop - Thundercloud Subs also in San Antonio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.