U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,463,056 times

Advertisements

Whoops! I just caught an error I made in a quote I posted. It says, "That's what you heard, not what you said."

What I meant to say is, "That's what you heard, not what I said." Now it makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,447,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
The culture of Texas I think I could live with-- maybe even enjoy. Other than eating steak and eggs for breakfast-- that is gross!
I've never had steak and eggs for breakfast and I've lived here for 17 years. Several of my friends are vegan. My current breakfast consists of a mix of blueberries, guava, nonfat organic vanilla yogurt, flax seed, coconut flour, rice bran and.... well, that's probably making "steak and eggs" sound pretty good to you by comparison, so, what about the heat?

I'm glad it's horrifically hot in Texas for 4-5 months a year. It helps keep the state from growing at the rate that destroyed southern California. But... alas, the heat still isn't preventing millions from moving here. 60% of the new condos in downtown Austin are being purchased by Californians!

And another thing about the heat, it's not as bad here as it is in many other parts of the country. In fact, places like Minneapolis and Baltimore have had more intense heat this year than we've had in central Texas. Just depends on the year. The entire eastern half of the USA has intense summers, with the exceptions of the U.P. of MI, the northern Appalachians, the Adirondacks, and northern Maine.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM

3,073 posts, read 10,771,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
wow, what Texas are you in? This morning it was barely under 80 when I woke up (around 3:30 AM).
I personally call that hot
I'm talking about 100 degrees at night time.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM

1,894 posts, read 5,267,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
The entire eastern half of the USA has intense summers, with the exceptions of the U.P. of MI, the northern Appalachians, the Adirondacks, and northern Maine.
Coastal Maine isn't too warm, either- I about froze my hiney off last night here in Mid-Coast/Downeasy Maine- I had to pull out the heavy pj's and the very heavy winter blankets.. and I was still chilled.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Isn't that the truth? Now if we're referring to A/C in the house, a cool night should be had for sure. Other than that, it doesn't happen. It is very often in the high 90s late at night and the low 80s first thing in the morning.
That's hard to believe. Where in Texas do you live?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,463,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
That's hard to believe. Where in Texas do you live?
It definitely happens frequently throughout the summer months. I live in Central Texas 65 miles south of Fort Worth. One can check backlogs of weather data from previous years and see that it's so.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM

332 posts, read 359,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
It definitely happens frequently throughout the summer months. I live in Central Texas 65 miles south of Fort Worth. One can check backlogs of weather data from previous years and see that it's so.
Yeah it does get like that here sometimes in Central Texas,but rarely where I live.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Yeah it does get like that here sometimes in Central Texas,but rarely where I live.
Exactly. I use to live in CenTex and it never got that hot at night. Nights are actually pretty muggy during the summer and cold during the winter.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM

4,723 posts, read 13,928,583 times
Lived in Houston and spent alot of time in San Antonio,,,they put the mug in muggy

Old 07-11-2007, 04:19 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,447,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Lived in Houston and spent alot of time in San Antonio,,,they put the mug in muggy
But have you ever been mugged in either city? Do the local police have your mug shot on file? Do you have pugs with mullets (AKA "mugs")?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or