U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2007, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,231 posts, read 3,447,222 times
Reputation: 396

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
...get over the fact that I HATE Houston.
Most sane people would agree with you that Houston's weather is horrible for at least 4-5 months out of the year, but most sane people would also get that mpope was joking, not meaning to insult anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,461,911 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Hm, well if you say so, but like I said, I've never experienced such heat at night.

I had a little extra time so I picked a few random dates at weather underground. It does stay quite warm all night on many summer nights during these 12-hour periods.

Here is what I found for Waco:

July 12, 1998
6:53 PM 102.9 F
7:53 PM 100.9 F
8:53 PM 98.1 F
9:53 PM 96.1 F
10:53 PM 93.9 F
11:53 PM 91.0 F
12:53 AM 89.1 F
1:53 AM 87.1 F
2:53 AM 84.9 F
3:53 AM 82.9 F
4:53 AM 82.0 F
5:53 AM 81.0 F

July 16, 2000

6:53 PM 100.0 F
7:53 PM 96.1 F
8:53 PM 91.0 F
9:53 PM 89.1 F
10:53 PM 88.0 F
11:53 PM 87.1 F
12:53 AM 89.1 F
1:53 AM 87.1 F
2:53 AM 84.9 F
3:53 AM 84.0 F
4:53 AM 81.0 F
5:53 AM 80.1 F

August 12, 1999

6:53 PM 99.0 F
7:53 PM 96.1 F
8:53 PM 93.9 F
9:53 PM 91.9 F
10:53 PM 90.0 F
11:53 PM 88.0 F
12:53 AM 86.0 F
1:53 AM 84.9 F
2:53 AM 82.9 F
3:53 AM 82.0 F
4:53 AM 81.0 F
5:53 AM 80.1 F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 12:55 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,879,666 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Ehh, boo hoo. Suck it up, lol.
I second that! I tried to give you a rep point but I have to spread it around more first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 AM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,770,360 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
That's rude! She is dealing with it. I refuse to use your word as it's one my mom always told me showed a lack of intelligence. It's just one of those words that make me cringe, but I'm dealing with it as much as I read it on these forums.
It was a joke. Hence the "lol".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,770,360 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh good grief, you need to get over the fact that I HATE Houston. And KeeGee is right, that was rude and not necessary.
It wasn't rude because it was said in a playful manner. Trust me, you will know when I'm being rude. But all jokes aside, I think we've gotten the fact that you don't like Texas. Sure, you have the right to speak your mind, but you're kind of running it in the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,461,911 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
It was a joke. Hence the "lol".
Laughing out loud can also occur when it isn't a joke; people do laugh when they're making fun of something, hence the reason I took it as being rude.

Hey, did you perchance check out some of the night to early morning temps I posted for Waco? At least it's not as hot has Bullhead City, AZ, but hot enough. Not that you or sweetclimber want to hear it, but I'm sure Houston is even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,461,911 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
Most sane people would agree with you that Houston's weather is horrible for at least 4-5 months out of the year, but most sane people would also get that mpope was joking, not meaning to insult anyone.

I don't think it takes sanity to figure out if someone was joking or not. Personally, I thought it was rude and not done in a joking matter, but mpope has cleared that up now.

If it takes sanity to agree that Houston's weather is horrible for months, I believe there must be a lot of insane people living there as too many say it's just fine and dandy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,770,360 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Laughing out loud can also occur when it isn't a joke; people do laugh when they're making fun of something, hence the reason I took it as being rude.

Hey, did you perchance check out some of the night to early morning temps I posted for Waco? At least it's not as hot has Bullhead City, AZ, but hot enough. Not that you or sweetclimber want to hear it, but I'm sure Houston is even worse.
It's still not 100 degrees, which is a major difference. And you forget that Houston is near the water. Nights are often cool.

I still say that people are making this more than it has to be. As a matter of fact, I'm in Killeen, Texas for the weekend and right now, in the middle of summer, there is a gorgeous breeze, with fair weather clouds in the sky, hummingbirds in the trees. Very beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,461,911 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
It's still not 100 degrees, which is a major difference. And you forget that Houston is near the water. Nights are often cool.

I still say that people are making this more than it has to be. As a matter of fact, I'm in Killeen, Texas for the weekend and right now, in the middle of summer, there is a gorgeous breeze, with fair weather clouds in the sky, hummingbirds in the trees. Very beautiful.

Again, I never said 100 degrees but in the 90s even though one of the years I posted had temps at 100 or near in the later hours of the evening.

I agree. This morning is delightful. I sat outside in the shade and enjoyed listening to the sounds of the peaceful doves. This was at 9 a.m. and it was only 80 degrees. It's still too humid though to turn off my A/C. Darn, I hate those high electric bills.

Yes, you're right, I'm sure about Houston. Maybe the temps are lower at night, but I would assume the humidity is higher.

In 100 years from now, this debate about the weather won't matter anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
 
87 posts, read 353,881 times
Reputation: 21
Instead of focusing on past summers, why don't we just enjoy this summer for what it is...cooler than average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top