U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,466,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstar View Post
Instead of focusing on past summers, why don't we just enjoy this summer for what it is...cooler than average.
Yes, that is really what we need to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 10:20 AM

3,073 posts, read 10,775,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Again, I never said 100 degrees but in the 90s even though one of the years I posted had temps at 100 or near in the later hours of the evening.
Yeah, I saw the one at 6:53. Not really night to me. All I'm trying to say is that we don't have it as bad as that user from Arizona.

Quote:
I agree. This morning is delightful. I sat outside in the shade and enjoyed listening to the sounds of the peaceful doves. This was at 9 a.m. and it was only 80 degrees. It's still too humid though to turn off my A/C. Darn, I hate those high electric bills.
Lol, oh well my friends in Killeen live on post so they have no electric bill. They run it as much as they want.

Yes, you're right, I'm sure about Houston. Maybe the temps are lower at night, but I would assume the humidity is higher.[/quote]
Yes, but to me, humid saltwater heat is much better than dry heat, for two reasons: Humidity is good for your skin, you don't have to hydrate as much, and while it can be a nightmare for hair, it's more comfortable than that baking, itchy, tiring heat in the rest of Texas.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM

21,651 posts, read 30,282,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
It wasn't rude because it was said in a playful manner. Trust me, you will know when I'm being rude. But all jokes aside, I think we've gotten the fact that you don't like Texas. Sure, you have the right to speak your mind, but you're kind of running it in the ground.
I'm sorry if I called you rude when you weren't trying to be. Sometimes it's hard to tell just reading the words and not actually hearing them how they should be taken. I'm also sorry for going on about the heat in Houston and running it into the ground. I look forward to the day I can say I am moving and you'll never hear from me again.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I saw the one at 6:53. Not really night to me. All I'm trying to say is that we don't have it as bad as that user from Arizona.

Lol, oh well my friends in Killeen live on post so they have no electric bill. They run it as much as they want.

Yes, you're right, I'm sure about Houston. Maybe the temps are lower at night, but I would assume the humidity is higher.
Yes, but to me, humid saltwater heat is much better than dry heat, for two reasons: Humidity is good for your skin, you don't have to hydrate as much, and while it can be a nightmare for hair, it's more comfortable than that baking, itchy, tiring heat in the rest of Texas.[/quote]

Wow! If I had my electric paid by someone else, I'd turn it down to 65 degrees.

Well, I prefer dry heat to humidity even though humid is better for one's skin. As far as hydration goes, I drink soooo much water all year long anyway, so that doesn't matter for me.

Enjoy your stay in Killeen.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,449,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
If it takes sanity to agree that Houston's weather is horrible for months, I believe there must be a lot of insane people living there...
Hey, you said it, not me!
But I think anyone who chooses to live in Phoenix or Fargo is clinically insane, so I have a lot of people on my list.
Quote:
...you forget that Houston is near the water. Nights are often cool.

Cool nights? In summer? When that water is 87 degrees? Yeah, I can just imagine those refreshing gulf breezes during hurricane season, bringing saturated 80+ degree air into Houston to "cool off the nights." Sounds VEEERRRRYYY pleasant.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 AM

3,073 posts, read 10,775,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post

Cool nights? In summer? When that water is 87 degrees? Yeah, I can just imagine those refreshing gulf breezes during hurricane season, bringing saturated 80+ degree air into Houston to "cool off the nights." Sounds VEEERRRRYYY pleasant.
Lol, I mean usually. It can indeed warm up at night, but not hardly as much most of the time. Atleast not to me.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
Most sane people would agree with you that Houston's weather is horrible for at least 4-5 months out of the year, but most sane people would also get that mpope was joking, not meaning to insult anyone.
Dear The Harvester....When you copied my quote, you left off the last part of the sentence which totally changes the meaning of what I said. The following is what you put:

If it takes sanity to agree that Houston's weather is horrible for months, I believe there must be a lot of insane people living there...

Originally Posted by The Harvester:
Hey, you said it, not me!

Ah, no, that's not quite what I said which I only brought up because of what you wrote in the box above. Below is what I actually said.

"If it takes sanity to agree that Houston's weather is horrible for months, I believe there must be a lot of insane people living there as too many say it's just fine and dandy."

I don't think any of them are insane; I was commenting on your post about being sane for this and that reason and therefore, I answered as I did.

I think we've established that some like it hot and some do not. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or