Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 AM

491 posts, read 1,121,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Yeah of course.... In 1955.
Organized crime sense the the late 90s have made there biggest bank off white collar crime and cybercrime. Even gangs like the bloods participate in stuff like identity theft.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I know nothing about the east coast Mafia. I follow the Chicago Outfit fanatically, though, and as far as I know they have never been accused of a "white collar crime."

Most of the upper echelon of the Outfit wouldn't even know how to turn a computer on.

They make most of their money through illegal video poker machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,405 times
Ne Philadelphia is known for some Russian Mob activity.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWalk View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I know nothing about the east coast Mafia. I follow the Chicago Outfit fanatically, though, and as far as I know they have never been accused of a "white collar crime."

Most of the upper echelon of the Outfit wouldn't even know how to turn a computer on.

They make most of their money through illegal video poker machines.
No he is right. Most of the mafia, esp in NY, have moved up to white collar crime. I think the only non-white collar business that is under Italian mafia atm is garbage disposal.

Even the Russian mob already moved up from drugs, although they still do human trafficking/prostitution. Their main business is weapons, art, medicaid/medicare fraud, unemployment benefits fraud, real estate. They also own several legit businesses such as clubs and lounges, etc.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
LOL................... Not Long Island, Westchester, Conn? Just Jersey, huh.
You've been watching too much HBO my friend.
It's just a saying...you know "left for the suburbs type of thing". My apologies for not going into meticulous detail about the different suburban regions.

So is my overall point wrong or are you just in the mood for some nitpicking?

Last edited by destinedtodave; 01-09-2011 at 10:40 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 AM

As I said, I don't know anything about other "mafias." All I know is about Chicago and it's a known fact that their greatest source of income is from 25,000 illegal video poker machines in bars around the Chicago area.

Yes it's totally possible they have done things like commit Meicare fraud but that isn't their primary source of income, it's still illegal gambling revenues.

The mob has always had interests in real estate, night clubs, etc.

And it never openly sold drugs.

Again I am talking about the CHICAGO OUTFIT.

And the answer is not they have not primarily moved into "white collar crime."

Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
It's just a saying...you know "left for the suburbs type of thing". My apologies for not going into meticulous detail about the different suburban regions.

So is my overall point wrong or are you just in the mood for some nitpicking?
If someone didn't nitpick, it would always just be Jersey.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:46 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWalk View Post
As I said, I don't know anything about other "mafias." All I know is about Chicago and it's a known fact that their greatest source of income is from 25,000 illegal video poker machines in bars around the Chicago area.

Yes it's totally possible they have done things like commit Meicare fraud but that isn't their primary source of income, it's still illegal gambling revenues.

The mob has always had interests in real estate, night clubs, etc.

And it never openly sold drugs.

Again I am talking about the CHICAGO OUTFIT.

And the answer is not they have not primarily moved into "white collar crime."
25K poker machines is small change compared to what they get off a couple internet scores.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times
Chicago. They gave america enough votes so JFK could be president. Show me a mafia outside of Chicago that has that reach.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:23 PM

Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. There are not a lot of things I know a lot about but this is one of them.

It's (more than) possible they have a lot of off shore gambling, but that is documented nowhere right now.

And to the other guy: That was Giancana's mob. You're talking about the difference between the city of Rome today versus the Roman Empire.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 PM

Their primary source of income are the illegal poker machines.

I don't care if you don't believe me.

Everyone who cares to know anything at all REAL about the topic already knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.