Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:39 AM

16 posts, read 51,846 times

Advertisements

Yea cool Nashville is on my list for sure, I went to school in the Military in Tennessee..damn those southern women are mighty feminine and like candy to the eyes. I have not met a feminine women in years here in Seattle...hehe...

The only trouble with Cali is the cost of living...so I ruled Cali out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 AM

I also have Indy on my list...but would possibly go Nashville first....not interested in NYC or Miami....too damn expensive...Chicago?? maybe....Dallas??...Raleigh, NC??

Been through Omaha a few times,...Rochester NY..well the hell up north....about 1 million peeps there...low low cost of living too...?? ****...it will be like a big, fat, dark, evil cloud has been lifted off me once I leave Seattle....Hallelujah!

Last edited by infromthestorm; 09-17-2010 at 05:53 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Indy is a pretty good choice. Avoid Kansas City and St. Louis.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,878,949 times
I've heard the same thing about Minneapolis/St. Paul (hope it's not true). Why don't you try Chicago? It's big and should remind you of NYC.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:48 AM

886 posts, read 2,226,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Indy is a pretty good choice. Avoid Kansas City and St. Louis.
Whats wrong with KC and STL?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
Whats wrong with KC and STL?
I've found the people to be especially rude, obnoxious, over bearing, paranoid, shallow and woefully ignorant when it comes to people from a different cultural background. I've had several death threats over the years as well as numerous road rage incidents.

KC is no place to find a decent girl friend. I've been sexually harassed here a few times at work over the years by women in my age bracket. This is also the ONLY place that I've lived where I've had women tell me they don't want to go out with me even when I am not asking them out. The OP said he wants to avoid the west coast culture. Well, KC is definitely a low rent version of the west coast culture. And the people in both St. Louis and KC are not all that friendly to top it off.

I've lived in ten different states and never had so many problems like this or even ANY problems like this in any other region. I happen to be from Connecticut and I've heard a lot of people in this region malign people from NY over the years. And these dolts have even tried to call me a NYer despite the fact I am from New England and don't speak with a NY accent or even act like someone from NYC.

The OP needs to avoid this region like the plague.

\

Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM

886 posts, read 2,226,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I've found the people to be especially rude, obnoxious, over bearing, paranoid, shallow and woefully ignorant when it comes to people from a different cultural background. I've had several death threats over the years as well as numerous road rage incidents.

KC is no place to find a decent girl friend. I've been sexually harassed here a few times at work over the years by women in my age bracket. This is also the ONLY place that I've lived where I've had women tell me they don't want to go out with me even when I am not asking them out. The OP said he wants to avoid the west coast culture. Well, KC is definitely a low rent version of the west coast culture. And the people in both St. Louis and KC are not all that friendly to top it off.

I've lived in ten different states and never had so many problems like this or even ANY problems like this in any other region. I happen to be from Connecticut and I've heard a lot of people in this region malign people from NY over the years. And these dolts have even tried to call me a NYer despite the fact I am from New England and don't speak with a NY accent or even act like someone from NYC.

The OP needs to avoid this region like the plague.
Well, I will say I always found STL people to be rude, but a lot of other people disagree with me, so who knows. I'm not gonna get into that.

Being from KC I can say that it has some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Very polite. Talking to strangers is not shunned, and I've often seen people as well as myself openly start up conversations with other people they see out. People are just super friendly.

Sexually harassed by women? I've worked in many parts of the metro and downtown KC, and never experienced this... not saying ti doesn't happen, but I've never even heard of it. If KC has any west coast culture at all, it's a laid back attitude similar to what you would find in LA, not anything resembling a hippie culture. We have all types of people... emo, goth, preppy, southern, etc... you can find a lot of different styles in KC. There is no blanket statement that I could think of to sum up people here.

Road rage in KC? We have one of the best road systems in the US, commutes are quick. Road rage happens in every major city, but it doesn't come close to being anything like LA, Miami, or Chicago.

If you have had a bad experience in KC, honestly you might want to look in the mirror to figure out where the problem is.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 AM

^^^If I was having these problems in ANY of the other places where I lived then yes, I would have to consider that I am at fault. But based upon what other people have told me about KC (both people that have lived here or still do) I'm not the one with the hangup. But yes, St. Louis is even worse from what I have been told and also by my experiences there as well. Essentially your response is par for the course these days. Blame the victim. How could I possibly be responsible for being sexually harassed by women that I've actually tried to avoid and not talk to?

A woman from PA that I am acquainted with had similar experiences with the people in St. Louis. She moved back to PA.

LA is comprised of Yuppies. Plenty of that in the KC area and the new housing developments look like the same cookie cutter developments that you find in LA.

Last edited by WILWRadio; 09-17-2010 at 12:04 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Thanks thus far everyone for replying to this thread!! Please keep doing so.....and another sad fact is how beautiful Salt Lake City is, but how wickedly standoffish and socially rigid that city is!!! Too bad, such a beautiful landscape..with the Wasatch mountain ranges...freakin beautiful city though...

Hey Bgrn198, is Austin the shizzle like they say it is?? I have been considering Austin strongly as well.....no body I encounter here in Seattle likes Texas that at least I run into..

When I mention that I love Texas and Texans and would consider moving there, people react to me here in Seattle as if Texas is like the equivalent of hell on earth....to them..especially in regard to Houston...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.