U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-26-2010, 06:16 PM

346 posts, read 93,555 times
Default Cities that don't fluoridate their water?

Does anybody have a full list of cities that don't fluoridate their water?

I have only found this list so far:

Communities which have Rejected Fluoridation Since 1990 (http://www.fluoridealert.org/communities.htm - broken link)

But that's only a list of cities that have rejected having their water fluoridated since 1990, not a list of cities that have never had it fluoridated in the first place.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM

4,181 posts, read 6,003,037 times
Most american cities flouridate there water, especially compared to the UK where no cities do. That's why Americans teeth (generally speaking) tend to be nicer than the British.

Unread 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Most american cities flouridate there water, especially compared to the UK where no cities do.
Yes, supposedly around 61,5% of Americans receive fluoridated water, which still means that around 38,5% don't receive it, that would be around 119350000 people. In the UK around 10% of the population get fluoridated water.

I am mostly interested in the fluoridation status of cities in the following states: Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana, since those are the states I would move to if I ever decided to move to the USA. I know that Billings and Logan don't fluoridate their water from the cities in those states, but I couldn't find much information on the fluoridation status of the other cities in those states.

Last edited by Purger; 09-27-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Unread 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM

4,181 posts, read 6,003,037 times
I think if the area recieves filtered water its fluoridated. The only time the water isn't is when the area recieves well water. That's just what I'm aussimg, I could be wrong.

In other words, in the usa if you live in a urban/suburban area or near a metro you will most likely have fluoridated water. If you live in a rural area you will most likely have well water.

Unread 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM

2,990 posts, read 4,632,953 times
In the USA each community public water system is required by the US EPA to publish a Consumer Confidence Report each year. In that report it will say whether that particular system adds fluoride or not.

Unread 09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
In the USA each community public water system is required by the US EPA to publish a Consumer Confidence Report each year. In that report it will say whether that particular system adds fluoride or not.
Thank you so very much. I found the information that interested me for all of the cities that are of interest to me in those reports.

Cheers.

Unread 12-17-2010, 09:18 PM

7 posts, read 43,484 times
GLS2010 you should do your research before you go spreading such misinformation.

First of all there is no safe amount of fluoride, just like there is no safe amount of mercury or lead. Second, your safety is relative to their profits. Third, drinking fluoridated water for the (supposed) assumption of protecting your teeth is akin to drinking shampoo to wash your hair. If there were any benefits to fluoridation, as there are not, it is only beneficial topically! Look at your tube of toothpaste, it specifically says to call the poison control center if you ingest a pea size amount, which is equivalent to a glass of fluoridated tap water. And what does your dentist say after a fluoridation treatment..? He tells you not to eat or drink for at least an hour. What he fails to tell you is not to swallow either. And last but not least, the Brits teeth are just as clean as anyone else, if not better. This has nothing to do with fluoridation and everything to do with the simple fact that more people are brushing their teeth. So if you don't want cavities, stop eating all the junk and brush your teeth! It's that simple!

Oh, and another thing... It is illegal for any doctor in the USA to force any medication on any patient. In fact a doctor can only suggest and recommend a medication and must also tell you the pros and cons of said medication. Failure to do so will result in malpractice and most likely cost his/her job. So why is it okay for the government, whether local or federal, to mass medicate the majority of the populous without first telling them the side-effect? Go look at an MSDS on any fluoride compound and you will notice that they are all neurotoxins (destroys neurons in the brain) and mutanagens (mutates your DNA). The sad thing about fluoride is that is bio-accumulative, meaning it build up in your body. The real question is why is this being done?

People need to start thinking for themselves and should never trust anyone, especially when it comes to your health and safety. I know the founding forefather of America were quite clear about this so we should all listen very closely to their message. I could go on for days, but I'll leave it at that. Just please do your research people, in today's day and age, your life depends on it!

P.S. YOU'VE ALL BEEN DUPED!

Unread 12-17-2010, 10:44 PM

35 posts, read 67,471 times
You can really tell when there's too much fluoride in the water.

Scientific Studies Documenting the Dangers of Fluoridation

Yup this is from long term fluoride exposure. Do you really think that something that would do this to you in the long run would really be good for you? And this is MILD fluorosis.

not only that but.....

A study in Brain Research shows that rats drinking only 1 part per million fluoride (NaF) in water had histologic lesions in there brains similar to Alzheimer's Disease and dementia.

Fluoride Causes Birth Defects and Perinatal Deaths
A toxicologist in the United Kingdom found that perinatal deaths in a fluoridated area was 15% higher than in neighboring non-fluoridated areas. The fluoridated area had a higher socio-economic status and would have been expected to have less perinatal deaths. The fluoridated area also had a 30% higher rate of Down's Syndrome. Chile banned fluoridation because of research by the world-reknowned researcher, Dr Albert Schatz, which showed a link to infant deaths due to fluoridation.

Causes Cancer
The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths.
Basic Information about Fluoride in Drinking Water | Basic Information about Regulated Drinking Water Contaminants | US EPA

Changes Bone Structure and Strength
Fluoride gradually builds up in the bones and causes adverse changes to the bone structure. Quite a few studies have shown that fluoridation leads to increases in hip fractures. The tensile strength of the hip is destroyed over time by fluoride ingestion.

Just in case you missed Fluoride in the news

Fluoride risks in volcanic ash expose incompetence of EU food safety authority

Examples of Acute Poisoning from Water Fluoridation (http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/fluoridation.html - broken link)

Fluoridation Increases Infant Death Rates | Voxy.co.nz

So why is this a good thing to brush our teeth with and drink at maximum levels in our tap water?

Unread 12-18-2010, 06:16 AM

7 posts, read 43,484 times
Great post Igotsaedumacation! Very educational! I'd like to see more of this EVERYWHERE! I've been into Hazmat/Hazwoper since 2001. I don't claim to be a chemist but I know how to properly research chemicals. Fluorine, which is similar but worse than it's sister element Chlorine, is not good for the body. They both have devastating effects on the body and really only do one thing to organic life, they destroy.

One thing people don't realize is that sodium fluoride was once used as a rat poison and hydrofluorosilicic acid as an insecticide because they both do one thing real well which is killing pest. However both of these are added to the public drinking water! Maybe this is all done because we're now viewed as pests.

Unread 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM

35 posts, read 67,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfyne1 View Post
Great post Igotsaedumacation! Very educational! I'd like to see more of this EVERYWHERE! I've been into Hazmat/Hazwoper since 2001. I don't claim to be a chemist but I know how to properly research chemicals. Fluorine, which is similar but worse than it's sister element Chlorine, is not good for the body. They both have devastating effects on the body and really only do one thing to organic life, they destroy.

One thing people don't realize is that sodium fluoride was once used as a rat poison and hydrofluorosilicic acid as an insecticide because they both do one thing real well which is killing pest. However both of these are added to the public drinking water! Maybe this is all done because we're now viewed as pests.
I really try to wake people up to these things but usually nobody listens or nobody cares. Fluoride is just one of many poisons people are consuming in high amounts on a daily basis. I like that you brought up Sodium Fluoride because that is exactly what the Nazi's used in their prison camps to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission.(Ref. book: "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" by Joseph Borkin.) Hitler and Stalin understood this why doesn't everyone else in the world get it?

You probably also noticed the green tea craze over the years. People don't realize that Camellia Sinensis leaves are naturally high in Flourine (they even advertise that)and much higher than the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) set for fluoride in drinking water. So with that much poison in your cup of tea what is ECG or any antioxidants going to matter anyhow? Your poisoning yourself!

Anyways thanks for reading my post and warn others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.