U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What is the most beautiful state in the US
Alabama 3 1.35%
Alaska 15 6.76%
Arizona 10 4.50%
Arkansas 3 1.35%
California 37 16.67%
Colorado 14 6.31%
Conneticut 2 0.90%
Delaware 0 0%
Florida 4 1.80%
Georgia 1 0.45%
Hawaii 16 7.21%
Idaho 7 3.15%
Illinois 2 0.90%
Indiana 2 0.90%
Iowa 1 0.45%
Kansas 0 0%
Kentucky 2 0.90%
Louisianna 4 1.80%
Maine 4 1.80%
Maryland 0 0%
Massachusetts 1 0.45%
Michigan 6 2.70%
Minnesota 3 1.35%
Mississipi 1 0.45%
Missouri 2 0.90%
Montana 2 0.90%
Nebraska 1 0.45%
Nevada 0 0%
New Hampshire 0 0%
New Jersey 2 0.90%
New Mexico 5 2.25%
New York 7 3.15%
North Carolina 4 1.80%
North Dakota 0 0%
Ohio 3 1.35%
Oklahoma 0 0%
Oregon 9 4.05%
Pennsylvania 6 2.70%
Rhode Island 1 0.45%
South Carolina 0 0%
South Dakota 0 0%
Tennessee 7 3.15%
Texas 4 1.80%
Utah 4 1.80%
Vermont 2 0.90%
Virginia 2 0.90%
Washington 18 8.11%
West Virginia 3 1.35%
Wisconsin 1 0.45%
Wyoming 1 0.45%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,017,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Should that suprise you?? California is the most populous state, and likely there are more people on CD from California than any other state as well. If everyone is most likely to vote for his home state then yes California is likely to win. Personaly I find nothing special about smog, deserts overcrowded cities and strange people.
this is even more funny coming from someone who lives in the Midwest! But seriously, there is beauty in every state. Some states have more beautiful areas and that can not be denied. Personally, I think mountains add to much to the landscape that any state that has mountains is likely going to look more scenic than those states that do not have mountain ranges. So all the Western states plus Texas, North Dakota, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York and all of New England except Rhode Island and Massachusetts are especially beautiful due to mountain ranges. States that have coastlines, especially on oceans are also beautiful. Deserts are also beautiful and forests. Some states like California have all of these physical landforms and why many consider it the most beautiful state in the nation; can't argue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 AM

96 posts, read 238,703 times
Wouldn't it be hard for the people that have not actually been to every state (which I imagine is most, if not all of of us), to vote on which state in our country is the most beautiful?? The most beautiful states that I have been to would have to be a tie between Montana/Washington and Oregon..although there are a few others that would come in close behind. My least favorite would have to be Kansas and Texas (just not my taste). But I feel that I can't really make a proper vote, because I am betting there's a good possibility that I would think Alaska or maybe Hawaii is more beautiful even than my top three.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 AM

96 posts, read 238,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Just out of curiosity, I have seen several of the posters make reference to mountains. I have never been able to really understand why people think that mountains are beautiful.
I think mountains are one of the most beautiful wonders of our world- especially the lush green ranges. Just as the ocean is another amazing and beautiful thing..although, ocean living is not my thing. I guess some people are mountain people, some prefer the ocean while others prefer the grassy plains or dessert areas=)

Old 10-13-2010, 09:11 PM

4,228 posts, read 6,084,995 times
I could vote for Oregon as it is a beautiful display of georgraphy. Mountains, beautiful coastline, and high deserts make up this West Coast state. Only 3.5 million live in this rather large state. I could vote for the state but I have learned after living here, it takes alot more than physical beauty to make beautiful. It takes the people and thier way of life and how they treat each other that make a state beautiful. Many of the people in Oregon especially Portland and its constant and stange politics, combined with the general lack of manners and ethics turns me off to this state. I don't find Oregon beautiful now I find it almost pitiful. The most unappealing state of all would be beautiful, if its society lived in reality and didn't try to be what its not.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 AM

463 posts, read 931,633 times
Your state is the most beautiful, no matter who you are or where you live.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 AM

8,692 posts, read 11,310,950 times
Washington. Hands down. The ugly parts just add to its diversity.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 PM

1,524 posts, read 3,791,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I could vote for Oregon as it is a beautiful display of georgraphy. Mountains, beautiful coastline, and high deserts make up this West Coast state. Only 3.5 million live in this rather large state. I could vote for the state but I have learned after living here, it takes alot more than physical beauty to make beautiful. It takes the people and thier way of life and how they treat each other that make a state beautiful. Many of the people in Oregon especially Portland and its constant and stange politics, combined with the general lack of manners and ethics turns me off to this state. I don't find Oregon beautiful now I find it almost pitiful. The most unappealing state of all would be beautiful, if its society lived in reality and didn't try to be what its not.
Kinda agree with you Jimrob. I voted for Oregon, and it is truly a beautiful state, but the people are not the friendliest in the world.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,323,248 times
Every state is beautiful.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,017,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Every state is beautiful.
Agree that every state has some beauty though it may be hard to detect in some places. But there are other states that have been blessed by mother nature to have numerous treasures and California falls into that category as a state with wonders to behold from north to south.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:10 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,323,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Agree that every state has some beauty though it may be hard to detect in some places. But there are other states that have been blessed by mother nature to have numerous treasures and California falls into that category as a state with wonders to behold from north to south.

So true. California is the most unique state in the whole country. No other state has mountains, deserts, hills, lakes, tall redwoods, and beautiful beaches in such a short distance! We have it all here! We are spoiled here, especially in SoCal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.