U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,726,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
No offense, Speedy, but why in the world does anyone need to visit Phoenix? I mean, what exactly are going to find there?
Yeah, Phoenix? What about Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM

154 posts, read 642,556 times
US cities:
- atlanta
- philadelphia
- new york city
- san francisco
- chicago
- seattle
- phoenix
- new orleans
- salt lake city

world cities:
- rio de janeiro
- alexandria
- brussels
- kharkiv
- shanghai
- tokyo
- lima
- hong kong
- sydney
- lisbon

Old 07-05-2007, 10:33 AM

823 posts, read 3,376,923 times
Of the cities I've been to:

Hong Kong
Panama City
Bangkok
Singapore
London
Edinburgh
Manila
Beijing
Shanghai
Copenhagen
Istanbul
Osaka

New York
Washington D.C.
Las Vegas
San Diego

Old 07-05-2007, 10:39 AM

4,486 posts, read 15,296,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Las Vegas, Miami and Washington DC, but only once. There are too many Third World cities out there to obsess about those in the US.
Those you need to visit and should revisit again: Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, San Francisco, and Seattle.

World cities to visit: Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo
Cleveland, what am I supposed to do in Cleveland?

I put Phoenix on my list because it seems like Phoenix has a bad rap on this forum. I figured that if some on this forum would actually visit the area, they could see that it's really not a bad place to live at all.

I've been to Chicago a handful of times and really wasn't that impressed. Yes, it's nice and has quite a bit of history but if you visit NYC then I see no need to see Chicago. This is an opinion question and I gave my opinion.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM

1,287 posts, read 4,654,049 times
Must See U.S. Cities or Metro areas

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Chicago
Washington, DC
Boston
New York

Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 AM

48,288 posts, read 45,576,705 times
I would say New Orleans(great place to visit, but horrible place to live). Las Vegas is a good place to visit but I would never live there.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM

5,849 posts, read 15,956,890 times
Everybody in the US should go to Graceland!! lol!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,461,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

I put Phoenix on my list because it seems like Phoenix has a bad rap on this forum. I figured that if some on this forum would actually visit the area, they could see that it's really not a bad place to live at all.

I've been to Chicago a handful of times and really wasn't that impressed. Yes, it's nice and has quite a bit of history but if you visit NYC then I see no need to see Chicago. This is an opinion question and I gave my opinion.
Youre not impressed with Chicago, but then tell folks to visit Phoenix? Why? So they can drive through the hot and dusty air, stare at a small downtown with nothing to do, then drive through endless pseudo-adobe cookie cutter subdivisions? Youve got me confused.

We all know you hate Chicago, but if you loved NYC, you should love Chicago, its just scaled down.

Cities you should visit in the USA:

NYC
Miami
San Francisco
Chicago
Boston
Philadelphia

Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post

Chicago has a different vibe. It's quite different from NYC. Being from NYC, I know the NYC feel and Chicago doesn't have it. Chicago has a feel of its own and I like it. It's relaxed and exciting at the same time. There's mega-skyscrapers next to beautiful GREEN parks. The lake looks like the Gulf of Mexico in Tampa. There's a river lined with buildings, The Magnificent Mile, The Loop, etc. If you put Phoenix on there, Chicago MUST be on there. There's no arguing that. Chicago is a must-see, Phoenix is not.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 AM

My list...

US:
1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) SF
4) LA
5) Boston

International (including US):
1) Rome
2) London
3) Paris
4) NYC
5) Jerusalem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or