U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 AM

4,486 posts, read 15,296,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We all know you hate Chicago
When did I ever say that? DON'T put words in my mouth Steve! I don't have a problem with Chicago, just with some of the people living there...

Quote:
If you put Phoenix on there, Chicago MUST be on there. There's no arguing that. Chicago is a must-see, Phoenix is not.
Your opinion, not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 11:46 AM

5,859 posts, read 14,065,159 times
Based on least generic, most unique:

NYC
San Francisco
New Orleans
Boston
Washington

Second tier:
Philadelphia
Miami
Seattle
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Honolulu (subject to review--never been there!)

(Sorry, fellow Midwesterners, much as I like living here, our cities don't meet my least generic, most unique criteria!--If I had a third tier, I'd probably include Chicago, Mpls/St Paul and St Louis in our region. But going to a third tier would weaken my criteria, wouldn't it? )

Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM

7,731 posts, read 12,201,041 times
Las Vegas.
New York.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:06 PM

48,288 posts, read 45,576,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroline95 View Post
US cities:
- atlanta
- philadelphia
- new york city
- san francisco
- chicago
- seattle
- phoenix
- new orleans
- salt lake city

world cities:
- rio de janeiro
- alexandria
- brussels
- kharkiv
- shanghai
- tokyo
- lima
- hong kong
- sydney
- lisbon
I know about all of the international cities except Khakiv,Ukraine. What is in Kharkiv?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,461,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
When did I ever say that? DON'T put words in my mouth Steve! I don't have a problem with Chicago, just with some of the people living there...
Ya see, you dont have to come out and literally say it, we can see it. And now that youve admitted you have a problem with some people living there, its even more clear to me why you hold such a grudge. Me? I just dont like Phoenix (nothing against its peoples), its just another sunbelt city with no soul, just endless suburbs and repeating strip malls. THATS why I dont like PHX, I wouldnt let some people who live there change my opinion. Perhaps you should do the same? If you have a problem with some people who live here and base your opinions on the city because of, then thats just not right.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,065,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Ya see, you dont have to come out and literally say it, we can see it. And now that youve admitted you have a problem with some people living there, its even more clear to me why you hold such a grudge. Me? I just dont like Phoenix (nothing against its peoples), its just another sunbelt city with no soul, just endless suburbs and repeating strip malls. THATS why I dont like PHX, I wouldnt let some people who live there change my opinion. Perhaps you should do the same? If you have a problem with some people who live here and base your opinions on the city because of, then thats just not right.
For some reason, this reminds me of an old 3 Stooges skit. The boys are working as door-to-door salesmen. Curly knocks on an apartment door, a woman answers, takes one look at him and says "How dare you look like someone I hate!", slaps his face and slams the door.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,461,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
For some reason, this reminds me of an old 3 Stooges skit. The boys are working as door-to-door salesmen. Curly knocks on an apartment door, a woman answers, takes one look at him and says "How dare you look like someone I hate!", slaps his face and slams the door.

Can I be Shemp?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:54 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,189,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The sensation of visiting Mexico without having to deal with border agents.

All one has to do is visit Chicago for that.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,189,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Youre not impressed with Chicago, but then tell folks to visit Phoenix? Why? So they can drive through the hot and dusty air, stare at a small downtown with nothing to do, then drive through endless pseudo-adobe cookie cutter subdivisions? Youve got me confused.

We all know you hate Chicago, but if you loved NYC, you should love Chicago, its just scaled down.

Cities you should visit in the USA:

NYC
Miami
San Francisco
Chicago
Boston
Philadelphia

I like NYC and Chicago(among many other National and International places) but NYC and Chicago are two very different places.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 PM

117 posts, read 469,044 times
New Orleans. Las Vegas, Washington DC and SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or