Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 PM

9,513 posts, read 16,448,668 times

Advertisements

I would make sure you really want to leave Australia permanently for the USA, before commiting to anything or anyplace in this country. Personally I would come to the USA for a lengthy visit, and make sure its where I want to live before giving up on Australia. I think the USA is going down hill quickly and I doubt many take it seriously. In the 5 or 6 years from now that you mention, China could very well call in all the loans they gave us and literally own the USA. It could happen.

In the next 5 or 6 years you could decide on other things you want to do, but it is good to make plans. Maybe moving to the USA would be good for you, but again make a good visit before packing up and moving here. Its difficult to leave ones family and friends and basically who you are, and move to the other side of the world or anywhere for that matter.

Some nice cities in this country that might meet your needs are: Denver and Boise perhaps Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,601,985 times
I and many other american males will HATE you for your accent that attracts ladies so easily

Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,783,653 times
I'd suggest Philadelphia.
Good metal scene, affordable, plenty to do, moderate snowfall, and not too far from The shore/NYC/Baltimore/DC.
There's plenty of areas where you'd want to avoid, but the nice areas are great places to live. The Center City area is awesome.

Gluck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.