Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:35 AM

212 posts, read 901,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 unfriendly, 10 very friendly)

Colorado Springs: 6 (Very polite but insular, they seem not want new friends in general)

Denver: 10 (Extremely caring, friendly, wonderful, polite people) Its just amazing how people will walk right up and say hello just amazing friendliness

Omaha: 8 (very very polite, soft-spoken but reserved people. Omahans dont come around as cold but they arent the friendliest people either, not that friendly but a good place to ask for directions and alot of people at stores will say have a nice day but very polite, pretty strong sense of community amongst the populous)

Lincoln: 2 (just 30 miles down the road from Omaha, but very snooty arrogant snooby people. A vast, vast majority of the populous acts like they are royalty. Some of the older generation of the people in this town arent that rude, but overall and overwhelmingly very very arrogant and mean people especially people in their 20s. Just amazingly arrogant and the people look down on everything even if they live in a small old wooden shack and a 20 year car with a loud muffler

Fargo, North Dakota: 1. These have got to be the coldest, most arrogant people I have ever seen in my life. They will not give you the time of day and they see themselves as being pure-perfection

Minneapolis/St. Paul: Minneapolis 7 St. Paul 10. Polite, a little standoffish, easy to carry on a conversation, fairly friendly people

Columbus, Ohio: 7. Not rude, Not friendly. They have some people there, I would say more neutral but they are fairly polite overall and when I was there people said excuse me constantly
Again you have insulted the entire city of Lincoln. Find something better to do with your time. I'm getting sick of all your negative comments about Lincoln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
well, i don't usually strike up conversations with strangers, but here goes:

(10,000 - 100,000)
Highland Park, NJ - 5
Fort Lee, NJ - 4

(over 100,000)
NYC - 5
Philly - 4

Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
i would rate Houston really high on the friendly list. we took in all those katrina refugees and alot of them loved it here so much that the have decided to stay.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatorboy View Post
Again you have insulted the entire city of Lincoln. Find something better to do with your time. I'm getting sick of all your negative comments about Lincoln.
I do believe that MattDen has been banned from CD due to a whole bunch of trollish negative comments. Therefore, he won't be adding any new ones. You'll just get yourself aggravated for nothing if you keep getting steamed every time an old thread with one of his posts turns up.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times
That post by MattDen is two years old. I've never spent any time in Lincoln, NE therefore I cannot comment either way. But it seems to me that he's entitled to air his opinion on the subject.

What's up with the double standard? Why is perfectly acceptable for some people to be able to post an honest assessment of a community or their experiences while other people get flamed for it?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM

134 posts, read 145,202 times
Listen dude, in some areas of the country you have people who thrive on what other's think of them (Chicago, NYC, LA, Houston, and it seems Omaha), and in cities where little attention is paid to them, nobody really cares. I mean really, I see people in Phoenix defending themselves against what are totally accurate facts (it's dry heat!), and people in Chicago do exactly the same. How often do you really see someone from Portland come on here and say "But the rain's not that bad"? Why? Well, people in Portland are not so image concious as those in Chicago, nor those in Los Angeles. Some people really care what others think of their city for some god unkown reason. If you like it, enjoy; who gives a sh*t what others think, they obviously do not live there for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.