U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does attitude play a role in whether you'll like a city or not?
Yes, absolutely. 15 46.88%
To a certain extent. 16 50.00%
Not at all. 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,733,076 times

Advertisements

I am optimistic on some things and pessimistic on others. It really depends on the issue at hand. Experience and wisdom teaches you that people will respond a certain way if you come across in a particular fashion but I'm not sure that it's necessarily healthy to follow "popular" views and opinions. Sometimes you have to be strong and take a stand for what you believe in regardless of what others may think.

I respect everyone's opinions but don't necessarily agree with what everyone says or believes in. Furthermore, I know many people who have applied positive thinking and came out with negative results. Life isn't a boquet of roses. You just have to face the good with the bad and it's not easy by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 09:14 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,287,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yes definately, you can tell several of the posters on these forums moved to Texas with bad attitudes and now they constantly bash the state on these forums. Same goes for other states too!
I agree it does play a huge part. There are two posters in particular that moved from the same state to Texas and both have bashed Texas to no end. One has changed their attitude a bit and not as negative as a few months ago. What I found rather sad was they had both posted how miserable they were in their MARRIAGE and that divorce is more than likely going to happen. Both went on to say they have talked to attorneys and all and that their marriage situation was not "rosy" before they moved and only go worse when they got here because now their spouse was with them 24/7. Not once did they say that their home situation was ANY factor in how they came to view their new state. Seriously even in your most favorite state if your home situation is sinking your not going to be the most joyous person and see everything in an optimistic state. Funny thing (or should I say sad thing) is that not once did they say their home situation was bad on the Texas forum. Hmmm

Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 AM

117 posts, read 468,993 times
Before I visit a place for the first time, I try to keep an open mind about it. Just because one person had a bad experience there doesn't mean that someone else will. Each place has its own unique energy or vibe.With that in mind, it is important to seek out places that match our own personal energy and preferences. But, what I see often times are newly-transplanted people that bash a place that they obviously knew very little about or spent very little time in.

No place is a utopia. However, if people take the time to evaluate who they are and what type of environment they best thrive in, I think they can come close to being happy with their living environment most of the time. And having a positive outlook no matter what doesn't hurt either.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,106,933 times
I think attitude plays a role to an extent. I have visited places I was all optomistic and excited about and was really disappointed when I got there and visa versa. I once moved to an area I was very open about and quickly found out it was not what I thought and hung in there 5 long miserable years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or