Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:00 PM

Location: I wonder... hmmmmm... maybe... I live somewhere in that pleasant state of VA, Mother of Presidents.
178 posts, read 228,694 times

Advertisements

However, there are waffle houses in the following MIDWESTERN STATES:

Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Kansas.

So, therefore, your theory (LOL) that there are NO or FEW Midwestern States that have a Waffle House is pointless and wrong... 5 out of 12 MIDWESTERN STATES have a Waffle House in them... I'm right and you are completely wrong.

What does the Northeast and South have in common that the MIDWEST DOESN'T HAVE?

The key words are DOESN"T HAVE... even one Waffle House in the Midwest would prove your theory wrong.

GET IT

GOT IT

DONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM

607 posts, read 2,979,341 times
five out of twelve, and what one in each, probably near the southern border. are you trying to defend your southern breakfast resturaunts which are racist against pancakes. waffle houses are for dirt poor people, and where are they mainly the south, hence the south is poor.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Location: I wonder... hmmmmm... maybe... I live somewhere in that pleasant state of VA, Mother of Presidents.
no, i was just defending the forum, nothing against ya.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1256 View Post
five out of twelve, and what one in each, probably near the southern border. are you trying to defend your southern breakfast resturaunts which are racist against pancakes. waffle houses are for dirt poor people, and where are they mainly the south, hence the south is poor.
Yeah, that is true in every Southern state except for Virginia.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:12 PM

151 posts, read 739,486 times
I found some things that the Northeast and South have in common

1. They both have mountains, while the Midwest doesn't.

2. They both hate tourists and say they get too many while the Midwest does what it can to get more tourists.

3. Neither of them go as far north as the Midwest. (Minnesota and North Dakota go farther north than Maine.)

Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 PM

8 posts, read 25,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Except for Maine, I would say the winters in the NE are "better" than the winters in the upper midwest.
Why does Everyone think maine is a giant blizzard in the winter!? The midwest gets a ton more snow than Maine. In southern maine they don't really get much snow. people probably think maine gets pounded with snow bacause 1. they think its the northern most of the lower 48's, which it's not. 2. it used to get a lot, but that's changed.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,388,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Lover View Post
However, there are waffle houses in the following MIDWESTERN STATES:

Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Kansas.

So, therefore, your theory (LOL) that there are NO or FEW Midwestern States that have a Waffle House is pointless and wrong... 5 out of 12 MIDWESTERN STATES have a Waffle House in them... I'm right and you are completely wrong.

What does the Northeast and South have in common that the MIDWEST DOESN'T HAVE?

The key words are DOESN"T HAVE... even one Waffle House in the Midwest would prove your theory wrong.

GET IT

GOT IT

DONE!

Don't count Illinois. There are only two waffle houses in Illinois, both in the St. Louis metro area within 10 miles of each other and within less than 9 miles from the Missouri/Illinois border. Other than that, yes...Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio all have a significant number of Waffle Houses. I don't know why Illinois has so few. Makes no sense given Missouri and Indiana comprise them majority of its eastern and western borders, respectively.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:46 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,388,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrySRA View Post
I found some things that the Northeast and South have in common

1. They both have mountains, while the Midwest doesn't.

2. They both hate tourists and say they get too many while the Midwest does what it can to get more tourists.

3. Neither of them go as far north as the Midwest. (Minnesota and North Dakota go farther north than Maine.)
The Midwest does have mountains, just not ones that compare to the Rockies, Appalachians, Catskills, Allegheny, Blue Ridge, or Great Smokey Mountains. The Midwest has the Porcupine Mountains and the Ozark Mountains.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,650,609 times
The Northeast and Midwest were the two regions that did the most to build this country.Its just my opinion.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,444,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Not much. Here's how I see the division in the U.S. One side there's the urban Northeast and the West Coast.....and everything else....the South, the Midwest, and the rural areas of the East and West Coasts. The cities of the Northeast and California are just their own little world politically, socially, and culturally.
Here's how I see it, the people of the East (of the Rockies) don't think about the West at all. The West is basically forgotten and feared as very wild. Settlement is slowly creeping in with San Francisco and Los Angeles along the coast and working inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.