U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,900,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I thought that their was a town in St. Louis County called Town and Country? The total number of different suburb names in the St. Louis metro is unbelievable compared with the KC metro.
lol...yes....Town and Country....suburb is located just west of the I-64 and I-270 interchange in Missouri. Luckily our suburbs have a bit of variety to their names though...Town and Country...Clayton...Ladue...Chesterfield....Hazelw ood...Bellefontaine Neighbors...Charlack...Sycamore Hills....Webster Groves...Fenton....Eureka....St. Charles...Weldon Spring....Bridgeton....Woodson Terrace....Olivette....Creve Couer....Oakland....Oakville...Mehlville....yea and the list goes on....I'm the person to ask if you want to know all the suburbs of the St. Louis MSA. generally I tend to include the St. Charles County suburbs along with the St. Louis County ones....since St. Charles County is essentially a part of St. Louis overall. I could probably even list most of the St. Louis suburbs in Illinois as well...generally we would include Calhoun County, Madison County, and St. Clair County.

Last edited by ajf131; 07-08-2007 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 AM

1,134 posts, read 913,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
One thing I've noticed as I've lived over a good bit of the world is: "Attitude is everything". I've been assigned to USAF bases that are considered "Very Desirable" and there were still people who couldn't wait to leave. And I was actually assigned to two bases that got lots of bad reviews. I LOVED both assignments...go figure. We ended up in the Dayton, OH suburbs by happenstance and I'm glad we did. We love the cost of living, our jobs and the area. Yes, we miss the mountains out West. And we love the hustle & bustle (and abundant entertainment options) of the East Coast. And we enjoyed Texas. And every other place we've been. We can always visit. We don't think we'll ever leave OH (we'll just buy a Tuscan villa as a second home if we win the lottery...)
Attitude trumps stats

Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 AM

4,486 posts, read 15,278,657 times
I live in a suburb of Phoenix and I love it! It's a beautiful place to call home with both natural and man-made beauty. It's about 7 hours drive to San Diego and about 6 hours to Las Vegas. The Phoenix metro has just about anything you want to do from a symphony, art galleries, museums, concerts, golfing, hiking, biking, world-class resorts and restaurants, etc etc. It may get hot in the summer but 8 out of 12 months of the year it's GREAT.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM

403 posts, read 1,397,545 times
Centralia, Washington and I love it!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM

3,323 posts, read 9,567,416 times
I love NE Ohio, but i know many around me disagree. I think most people have a bad attitude about this area because they A) Hate the weather or B) can't find a job.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM

654 posts, read 1,614,179 times
I live in Austin, TX and I love it. I've been here for about 12 years now. Of course like any place, it isn't perfect. The summers are long and hot, I hate fire ants, and traffic keeps getting worse.

I love the diversity of people. There are things to do for just about everyone. I love tennis and being able to play year round. I love living in a liberal city and it's accepting attitude toward gays (I'm gay). I love the size of it, being able to know most of the town but yet being surprised by new things all the time. I love the optimistic attitude of the city, and for that matter, the state. I love the growth and newness of the city, and being part of it's transformation from over sized college town to decent sized metro area.

Austin isn't a major city and doesn't have the world class options which go along with that, but what it does have are little slices of the best of other places.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 AM

2,949 posts, read 12,176,348 times
We like/love living in South Florida. We have lived here for approx 20 years. Whenever we feel like seeing mountains, we hop a plane to see the mountains or hop on a plane for just a change of pace.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:49 PM

537 posts, read 1,759,606 times
We are in central WI moving from Chicago 20 years ago. I love winter so this is a great place to live. I miss Chicago but we go down quite a bit. Don't miss the traffic though.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times
I like northern CA, because my favorite city is San Francisco. It's a place that fits my violin playing, my writing, and my transformation from a software engineer to a lawyer. My family is thriving here as well. Been all over the country, and I think this is the place I will settle.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,777,665 times
I love not far from where Jhlcomp lives and I also quite enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or