Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:51 PM

49 posts, read 159,622 times

Advertisements

Just curious of other peoples opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 04:56 PM

42 posts, read 139,252 times
Default Milwaukee sucks!

I sure don't. Milwaukee, WI is the pits. I can't wait to get the hell out of here. Nothing to do in this boring city, especially for young professionals.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:10 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,890,555 times
I like my area of South Florida, I honestly have few complaints.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:20 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,305 times
I love Houston where I go to school and work now, but I love my hometown of Rochester NY. I have only had the misfortune of living 2 years of my life in a place I disliked (San Diego) 2 out of 25 yrs isn't bad

Old 07-07-2007, 05:28 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,687 times
I like where I am. Midland/Odessa is a tiny metro so we so don't have big city problems, traffic is light, housing is affordable, the economy is great and we have the lowest unemployment in Texas.

Some people say we have nothing to do, but I have never had a problem with that. We do have most of the chain stores and restaurants as well as some great mom and pop places. We have minor league sports including hockey, football, and baseball, which I think in many ways is more enjoyable to watch that the major league games. We have local community theatres and can catch free concerts at the park.

When I do need to leave the area, we have a great little international airport were you can park close to the terminal and get through security quickly. You can also see some great old war birds there as it is the home of the Commemorative Air Force. There is also a great airshow there every year which draws crowds from as far away as Europe and Japan. If you really want to enjoy the airshow you can volunteer to work at it, which has some great perks.

The weather is mostly good with plenty sunshine. The only real complaints would be the summer heat and the wind in the spring.

The best part though, is the community. People out here still get excited about new stuff and are very friendly. There is a general feeling of optimism here that I love. Also, I feel like in a small metro I can be a big fish in a small pond. I am not a big fish yet, but give me time.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:31 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,276 times
Don't faint - but I live in South Jersey - politics & taxes aside - it actually is pretty nice.
The area is beautiful,
my yard and house are beautiful,
I can get to the beach in under 10 minutes,
we know lots of nice people,
we're near Philly and a few hours from NYC,
we have an airport 45 minutes away + Philly airport is less than 1-1/2 hours,
the weather is very temperate,
I can get to just about any store that exists in the mid-atlantic region in anywhere from minutes to under 1-1/2 hours,
the area is peaceful, low crime rate,
not much traffic until Memorial Day - then it is calm again after Labor Day.

I thought for a long time that we'd check out North Carolina, but I've been rethinking that. It seems so many people from NJ are moving there, it'll leave the rest of us a bit more elbow room. Seriously, it really is nice in South Jersey.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:55 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,567 times
Appleton, WI sucks.

Can't wait to get back to Maine next year.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
We moved from the Mid-Hudson region of NYS to a relatively small town in NH and love it! The Mid-Hudson region was nice, but this area of NH beats it hands down all the way around!

Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,376 times
I do. I really like the Denver metro area. I like the people, the weather, and the outdoors. It is great to have the four seasons here.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:14 PM

150 posts, read 519,590 times
I realy like north west wyoming it truely is gods country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.