U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:08 PM

56,501 posts, read 80,803,243 times

Advertisements

Maybe Santa Fe is up the OP's alley too.

As for snow in Albany, it depends or can vary. Even Syracuse only got 60 inches, which half of it's average and even in average years, it get taken care of quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM

726 posts, read 1,869,156 times
I'll add my 2 cents on the weather in Denver in comparison to the East/Great Lakes region. Summers are extremely warm but humidity is extremely low. It will be in the 90s but without humidity. It will be sunny every day with an occasional afternoon thunderstorm that rolls in fast and rolls out fast. There are very few days year round where you wake up and it's cloudy and stays that way all day. Spring and Fall are a mixed bag. We got our first snowfall this week (a couple of inches that didn't really stick). Last year we had a snowstorm mid October but on Thanksgiving it was around 70. I've only lived here 2 springs but to me it seems we jump from winter right into summer. Compared to Midwest/Northeast our winters are milder and like everyone else has said in January it can be 60 on Monday, snow 2 feet on Tuesday and be 60 on Wednesday. The snow melts fast (thankfully not in the mountains though). Denver is a lively fun place to live. Boulder is great too but it is extremely expensive.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
I'll add my 2 cents on the weather in Denver in comparison to the East/Great Lakes region. Summers are extremely warm but humidity is extremely low. It will be in the 90s but without humidity. It will be sunny every day with an occasional afternoon thunderstorm that rolls in fast and rolls out fast. There are very few days year round where you wake up and it's cloudy and stays that way all day. Spring and Fall are a mixed bag. We got our first snowfall this week (a couple of inches that didn't really stick). Last year we had a snowstorm mid October but on Thanksgiving it was around 70. I've only lived here 2 springs but to me it seems we jump from winter right into summer. Compared to Midwest/Northeast our winters are milder and like everyone else has said in January it can be 60 on Monday, snow 2 feet on Tuesday and be 60 on Wednesday. The snow melts fast (thankfully not in the mountains though). Denver is a lively fun place to live. Boulder is great too but it is extremely expensive.
Denver's already had snow? That surprised me....

Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 AM

13,237 posts, read 24,403,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Why? Our average first snow day is Oct 19. It was pretty late this year.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:27 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,552,631 times
Quote:
Most of the mountain west gets snow earlier b/c of the elevation.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Most of the mountain west gets snow earlier b/c of the elevation.
Interesting.......

Old 11-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Why? Our average first snow day is Oct 19. It was pretty late this year.
Really? I say that because Syracuse, which is the snowiest major metro doesn't expect snow until late October at the earliest and usually comes by the Thanksgiving weekend, if not a little bit later. We've only had a "trace" so far. It's going to be in the mid to high 50's by Wednesday too. So, the snowfall can vary in terms of timing and severity.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,981,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
For anyone to say Atlanta is too conservative is pretty much not aware that the truth could not be anywhere near.Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago but less than San Francisco.

Athens is about mixed.
Totally agree,

You can walk down the street in most of Atlanta and hold your partners hand with no problem at all, and I mean same sex.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,981,244 times
Quote:
Maybe Santa Fe is up the OP's alley too.

As for snow in Albany, it depends or can vary. Even Syracuse only got 60 inches, which half of it's average and even in average years, it get taken care of quickly.

OMG, lived in Syracuse, Utica and it was pure HELL..............

Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,282,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
OH GOD. don't even start it. Atlanta more liberal than Chicago, then even spoken in the same sentence as San Francisco. You are out of your mind, another great informed post from afonega, king of all atlanta boosters!!! What is next? Oh Atlanta has the best shopping in the U.S. in lennox mall, the new atlanta tokyo in buckhead? please! Look Atlanta is many things and a great city but posters like you playing it up to something it is not doesn't do it any justice. How can you sit and say that stuff with a straight face, or are you really that delusional?
Delusional?It'sl my opinion and you and insult me yet I am the one that YOU call delusional.Get a grip.Its one thing to disagree but watch your tone with me.Im sorry your life is miserable but dont take it out on me.Go get the one who did it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.