U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,555,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Delusional?It'sl my opinion and you and insult me yet I am the one that YOU call delusional.Get a grip.Its one thing to disagree but watch your tone with me.Im sorry your life is miserable but dont take it out on me.Go get the one who did it to you.
Whatever dude, you are boosting ATL all the time. Do you still stand by your statement? you think ATLANTA is more liberal than CHICAGO. I just want you to know why I called you out. That is a pretty BOLD statement just to say off the cuff. I will also continue to call you out. Especially when it is somebody moving on the line. You make other Atlanta posters that represent it how it is and speak about reality there look bad b/c quite a few are good but it is hard to sort it out from the bad comments. i.e. Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago, Atlanta is urban while Queens is suburban, Atlanta has the most high end shopping in the US, among other stuff etc.

Last edited by grapico; 11-18-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 05:49 PM

56,528 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
OMG, lived in Syracuse, Utica and it was pure HELL..............
It not that bad..at least Syracuse. Utica gets a bad rap, but is just smaller and isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,407,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Really? I say that because Syracuse, which is the snowiest major metro doesn't expect snow until late October at the earliest and usually comes by the Thanksgiving weekend, if not a little bit later. We've only had a "trace" so far. It's going to be in the mid to high 50's by Wednesday too. So, the snowfall can vary in terms of timing and severity.
Denver can get snow every month between October and May. Our snowiest month is March.

Local legend says that if it doesn't snow by Halloween, we're in for an extended fall.

Last year, we went trick-or-treating with about half a foot on the ground, as we had a blizzard a few days prior.

We don't get as much as you, it doesn't stick around as long as yours does, and it's fluffier and lighter than yours is (usually). And it almost never snows on top of snow, because it melts so fast.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 PM

ps afonega, you openly admit to this stuff and have a pattern of it.

Quote:
I was just joking.Starting trouble.lol
thats YOU.

How about stop making stupid claims, as you are knowingly starting to start trouble, otherwise known as trolling which is a violation of TOS.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:37 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,283,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
ps afonega, you openly admit to this stuff and have a pattern of it.

thats YOU.

How about stop making stupid claims, as you are knowingly starting to start trouble, otherwise known as trolling which is a violation of TOS.
:c rying:
So you go through thousands of my past post and I said that ONE time and all of a sudden its a pattern?LOL: smack: Perhaps you do not understand the word "joke".
As a matter of fact;you told on yourself.You went through hundreds of my past post and yet that was the best you could do?
You could not find anything where I said something that was totally false.Also its funny but I have apologized when I have erred in judgement because other people have presented their reasoning in a fair manner.Unlike you who are clearly looking to start something you really are not prepared to defend or finish.
Heres a note for you next time:
To discredit someone you must disprove that what has been stated is erroneous, fallacious,or at least their is some malicious intent.
For example....well like you and your remarks about me.

So save your "anti- trolling" campaign for yourself and move on.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 AM

9,086 posts, read 13,283,787 times
Quote:
Whatever dude, you are boosting ATL all the time. Do you still stand by your statement? you think ATLANTA is more liberal than CHICAGO. I just want you to know why I called you out. That is a pretty BOLD statement just to say off the cuff. I will also continue to call you out. Especially when it is somebody moving on the line. You make other Atlanta posters that represent it how it is and speak about reality there look bad b/c quite a few are good but it is hard to sort it out from the bad comments. i.e. Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago, Atlanta is urban while Queens is suburban, Atlanta has the most high end shopping in the US, among other stuff etc.
Where did I ever say any of that?You really should check and know who you are talking to before you go off.Talk about delusional!Ill wait for an apology but I wont be surprised if I pass out holding my breath.

"CALL SOMEBODY OUT"?Oh gosh is this 5th grade?I made a statement.An opinion.Im sorry you are upset everyone does not agree with you.It must be lonely in your world.

Where is the "LIE" I told in my reasoning for the answer I gave?
Liberal does not always mean progressive or even good or bad
Facts:
Chicago is the most segregated city in America
Atlanta has had both a black and a female mayor
Atlanta has by far a larger concentration of gays and by raw numbers
Atlanta has the largest concentration of HBCU's in America.Chicago (and Illinois) have none.

Civil rights for gays and blacks usually is a bell weather for cities that are havens for those groups to have support of a liberal leaning government or people.
In order for those things to occur their has to be a "liberal backing".Ill even go so far to meet you and say that while its debatable that Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago,their is sufficient evidence that one could make the case for one or the other.I have no issue with some one saying Chicago,but at least know the history and the reasons why that would be so without just saying Atlanta has little merit to be compared in the same sentence as you said.

So I strongly stand by OPINION based on MY experiences that Chicago is no more liberal than Atlanta.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM

Oh please, you can't even buy alcohol in Atlanta at a store on a Sunday because you are in the bible belt, the rest is statistical manipulation and you know it. Let's talk actual laws.
One of the most famous anti gay law suits is straight from Atlanta Bowers vs Hardwick.
You guys had 1-20 year prison sentences for sodomy just a decade ago. Chicago took this off the books in 1962.
Black mayor? Well I would hope so, Atlanta is a majority black city.
If you want to expand your metro as if that is going to help, ALABAMA IS IN YOUR CSA.
If you want to talk about "gay friendly" Chicago had the first officially recognized gay village in the UNITED STATES back in the 60s.
As for your thousands of posts, no not really, it was the 4th one that came up as it was very recent that you are "making trouble".
Remember you are also still in a red state, in the deep south, no matter what little pockets of liberal you have. PS the norms for what flys for "liberal" up north vs in the south is much different. You talk about all this black mayors and stuff, but can't even pull for a black president in Georgia. BTW where do you think the current president is FROM? Doh...
Just stop man...

By the way I am creating a video of you, it will be great.

Quote:
So I strongly stand by OPINION based on MY experiences that Chicago is no more liberal than Atlanta.
now lets jump a page back...
Quote:
For anyone to say Atlanta is too conservative is pretty much not aware that the truth could not be anywhere near.Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago but less than San Francisco.

Athens is about mixed.
Actually dude, you are changing it because you got called out on it.

So first it is Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago casually, now it is Chicago is no more liberal than Atlanta, which is it? Stop back peddling, you know what it really is though but too much of a homer and even when called out continue to boost erroneous claims.
Atlanta is not even close to a liberal stronghold as Chicago. I strongly stand by actual real world events, data and the actual laws on the books, have fun and keep thinking in your opinion Atlanta is more liberal than Chicago along with all the other stuff you are surely deluded with in that noggin of yours.
And no I am not crying or being 5th grade, you making that claim is like standing out in the street and yelling "I AM ON FIRE". Of course I am going to notice that.

ps I am not moved by your thug like threats

Quote:
You really should check and know who you are talking to before you go off
Quote:
watch your tone with me
who are you, soldier boy? TI ?

Last edited by grapico; 11-19-2010 at 10:22 AM..

Old 11-19-2010, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 846 times
Quote:

Damn dude, you should just shut up because you sound like a little b**ch.

Like "on my god, someone said Chicago was not the most liberal city in the world". Man, you sound like you want to go postal or commit suicide becasue it was so painful that someone would say the Chicago was not that liberal.

You have set the bar pretty high for others being offended by .....nothing...

Travel a little if you want to see real liberal cities.... like in Europe... becasue Chicago (and Atlanta) are not liberal

Old 11-19-2010, 11:03 AM

21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
All of these places are in conservative territory. I know the cities themselves lean liberal (except Clemson and Athens), but there are all in the middle of very conservative red states. They're dots of blue in seas of red. Especially Athens, GA, which I would consider more conservative than liberal (I have family there and I've visited there). If the OP didn't like Atlanta, she won't go for any of these places.
Actually incorrect. North Carolina has been consistently moving toward "blue state status" over the past 20 years and had a "blue" outcome in the 2008 Presidential elections.

United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-19-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitbe86 View Post
Damn dude, you should just shut up because you sound like a little b**ch.

Like "on my god, someone said Chicago was not the most liberal city in the world". Man, you sound like you want to go postal or commit suicide becasue it was so painful that someone would say the Chicago was not that liberal.

You have set the bar pretty high for others being offended by .....nothing...

Travel a little if you want to see real liberal cities.... like in Europe... becasue Chicago (and Atlanta) are not liberal
You created your account JUST to respond to me? Nice 1st post. Hello afonega and/or friend? If it is not afonega or friend then I apologize... but OK.

I have traveled more than most people on this entire site, thanks though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.