U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,153,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
The best is going to be south florida, from key west to ft lauderdale...
I can see that, a lot more than the Dallas one. South Florida is filled with young hot studs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
You will find the best gay nightlife in Dallas of all the big cities in the south. People who haven't partied here may not believe it right away but the overall gay nightlife options available are superior to other cities in the South.

Atlanta - large gay population, small bar scene though and you can still smoke in the bars there, the bars close at 12 on Sunday and the scene is pretty much "blacks go here, whites go there". The city is lacking exclusively gay upscale nightlife offerings since wetbar closed.

Miami/ Ft Lauderdale - This area in general is a lot of fun, however the gay scene in Miami has really fizzled and moved up to Ft Lauderdale mostly. Lauderdale (Wilton Manors) has a nice amount of gay businesses.

Houston - has a large gay population and a funky gay area with its shops and such. The bar scene there seems lacking when compared to Austin and Dallas.

Thats my sum up of the bigger metro cities in the south.
I partied in all of the above, and no way in God's green earth That the handful of gay clubs in Austin and compare to the 30 in Houston. Houston and Dallas are more on the same level than you think, but then again people always just assume Dallas is better.

Anyway, I enjoyed Miami, Atlanta and Houston scenes the best

Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,146,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I partied in all of the above, and no way in God's green earth That the handful of gay clubs in Austin and compare to the 30 in Houston. Houston and Dallas are more on the same level than you think, but then again people always just assume Dallas is better.

Anyway, I enjoyed Miami, Atlanta and Houston scenes the best
Then you would know that MetroMatts ridiculous claim of Atlanta's gay scene being majority black is laughable, at best.

I have no idea why someone would make that claim unless they get off on spreading misinformation for some odd reason.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Then you would know that MetroMatts ridiculous claim of Atlanta's gay scene being majority black is laughable, at best.

I have no idea why someone would make that claim unless they get off on spreading misinformation for some odd reason.
lol, yeah, I know, I had loads of fun in ATL

Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM

4,037 posts, read 8,075,400 times
I can't really argue for or against nightlife in the south except for Atlanta. No wouldn't call it black only or white only. Although I would agree that its awfully segregated. DC is not prize pig either but I would here its a little more mixed.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,163,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Metro Matt is a misinformation machine. I wish he would be banned for being outrageously dumb, or that we would all decide to put him on ignore. The boards would be much better.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM

12,521 posts, read 23,095,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Metro Matt is a misinformation machine. I wish he would be banned for being outrageously dumb, or that we would all decide to put him on ignore. The boards would be much better.
Says the newbie.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,126,300 times
Gay friendly is far different from having a gay population. I wouldn't call any city in Texas gay friendly due to the state leadership there now.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:02 PM

12,521 posts, read 23,095,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
Gay friendly is far different from having a gay population. I wouldn't call any city in Texas gay friendly due to the state leadership there now.
The leadership now? What has changed?

Rick Perry is still our governor just as he has been since Bush became president 10 years ago.

Dallas has the largest predominately gay church in the world. How is that not "gay friendly"?

Houston has the first openly lesbian mayor in US history. How is that not "gay friendly"?

Austin is a magnet for young gays & liberals alike all across the nation because its a huge college town & plus its a state capital.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The leadership now? What has changed?

Rick Perry is still our governor just as he has been since Bush became president 10 years ago.

Dallas has the largest predominately gay church in the world. How is that not "gay friendly"?

Houston has the first openly lesbian mayor in US history. How is that not "gay friendly"?

Austin is a magnet for young gays & liberals alike all across the nation because its a huge college town & plus its a state capital.
because it's hard for some people to accept that anything progressive can possibly come out of the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or