U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 06:38 PM

10 posts, read 5,786 times

Advertisements

Most of Arizona gets so hot during the summer that the sun in the sky has to cool off (in the little dipper) BTW Phoenix and Tucson don't get rain during the summer,that liquid is the water from the cactuses coming out due to them melting in the sun. When Phoenix and Tucson get below 110,people start putting parkas and snow boots and ear muffs on. And phoenixs winters are hotter than the summers

Do you ever want to know why polar bears are in Alaska? Because they escaped the colder winters in Minnesota. IN minnesota the water and hell is frozen below that's how cold it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:31 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,713 posts, read 2,193,098 times
Living in a place where both hot summers and cold winters are the norm, I'd say cold winters are more preferable than the heat and sticky humidity.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM

4,727 posts, read 3,581,449 times
I'd say most of the Midwest/Plains/Northeast has both hot summers AND cold winters (hot being over 90 degrees or over 85 degrees for a month+; cold being below 30 degrees or under 35 degrees for a month+ -- 40 is not "cold"). They get screwed both ways! (Who am I kidding, "WE" get screwed both ways!).

Old 05-24-2013, 09:03 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,325,205 times
I love really hot and humid summers.City data encourages all additional points of view.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,686,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by factsaxsax View Post
Most of Arizona gets so hot during the summer that the sun in the sky has to cool off (in the little dipper) BTW Phoenix and Tucson don't get rain during the summer,that liquid is the water from the cactuses coming out due to them melting in the sun. When Phoenix and Tucson get below 110,people start putting parkas and snow boots and ear muffs on. And phoenixs winters are hotter than the summers

Do you ever want to know why polar bears are in Alaska? Because they escaped the colder winters in Minnesota. IN minnesota the water and hell is frozen below that's how cold it is.
This not true. People in Phoenix love the temps 70-89F, for the most part, and can tolerate the 90sF to a certain extent, but loathe the 100sF from what I've read. And Phoenix winters are most definitely not hotter than the summers. SoCal has warmer winters than Phoenix.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 PM

1,837 posts, read 780,833 times
Personally I think that the cold is easier to tolerate than the heat, but actually I prefer comfortable cool or moderately warm temperatures (60F-80F).

Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM

428 posts, read 174,636 times
I'd rather have a hot summer than a cold winter. My preferred temp is 75-85 F.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM

272 posts, read 229,225 times
I used to like cold over hot but noticed that, as I get older, I tend more and more to pick warm over the brrr....

Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 AM

39 posts, read 11,857 times
Living in Florida and now being unemployed, I can safely say hot and humid summers suck arse.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:07 AM

2,626 posts, read 906,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1985 View Post
I know there are some cities that have both, but I think most have one or the other. Which weather pattern do you guys think is better? Humidity and all other factors can be equal
Anything as long as it isn't too extreme. I don't like it so cold I have to wear something that makes me feel like I can't breathe or move, and not so hot that the only way to walk across town without getting dripping wet with sweat and smelly is to literally pour icewater on my head. Here in Maryland we don't get more than a few days of either in a year. Hot, yes, but not normally THAT hot, and cold, yes, but not usually THAT cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.