U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,689,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Though I don't technically have allergies, I swore I did when I lived in that oppressive humidity of the gulf coast. The pollen count is extremely high in cities like Mobile and Pensacola. The first few months I lived there, I constantly was wheezing and such and had a difficult time adjusting to the air quality. Took about two months and this was in the fall season.
I knew someone else who suffered down there. Strangely enough, I had the best health ever experienced in my life when I lived down there. Never had any allergy problems or colds. The specific allergens that affect your body are different for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM

244 posts, read 746,681 times
Before I moved to Georgia, I had never had any problems with allergies. I started having problems after I moved, probably due to their "pollen season", where pollen covers everything like snow. I moved away from Georgia back to OK, and my allergies came along with me. I still have the runny nose and irritated eyes from time to time.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:53 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,140,656 times
Chicago is NOT a good place to live for allergies. it already has poor air quality compared to most of the USA and things such as ragweed drive many nuts towards the end of summer/start of fall!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,238,017 times
Yep - Atlanta is one of the worst places in the U.S. for certain types. During bad years, as Caramelboo stated earlier, it can literally almost look like a thin dusting of snow on the cars, sometimes only two hours after you've cleaned them. I've heard from people who have relocated here who never had allergies, who wound up in hospitals having to get shots due to it, while others aren't affected.

It really depends on what specific pollens bother you, but Atlanta is for sure one of the hot spots in the U.S. for it in Springtime, and if you're allergic to Ragweed, once again in the fall.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 946 times
I used to live in north western Indiana And moved down to western Tennessee a year and a half ago and have noticed more problems with my asthma and both my children and i constantly coming down sick with allergy related illnesses so would i be better off staying here or moving back to Indiana?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 AM

395 posts, read 910,418 times
As far as major cities go, I've lived in Nashville and Chicago. Hands down, Nashville was the worst of the two for allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or