U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:29 AM

56,616 posts, read 80,910,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I noticed the date of the article is from Febuary 2009, if I'm not mistaken. So, would this list be accurate today?
It must be the date for which the type of article started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 02:43 AM

4,023 posts, read 6,436,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It must be the date for which the type of article started.
Yeah, the new data are from this week !

Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,992,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
The only thing that Florida is beating New Jersey in is the unemployment rate and in low wages.
And yet, people can still make a good living here because of a low cost of living. What part of that do you not get?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:21 AM

908 posts, read 1,566,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
And yet, people can still make a good living here because of a low cost of living. What part of that do you not get?
Have you looked at your state unemployment rate and forclosure rate lately?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM

3,599 posts, read 5,844,632 times
Quote:
What is Florida going to gain, more low wage retail jobs?lol
Hey at least they can't ship my low wage retail, food service, face to face customer service job overseas and give it to an extremely educated and willing Indian workforce. At least you cannot staff a Winn-Dixie or Publix with low wage workers from Asia for pennies a day. Continue to drink the capitalism/profit motive koolaid America and before you know it your safe accounting or number crunching-paper pushing job will be outsourced to some office in India with a T-1 connection.They'll work weekends, holidays, overtime, be more productive, complain less, and most importantly cost less. How's that for increasing the bottom line!

PS. I'm all about the free markets helping all of these states grow their job markets once again, but if we think unbridled capitalism where corporations are only accountable to the bottom line is the way to go, then we should all just start shopping at Wal-Mart and let our government continue to subsidize the world's most profitable company into monopoly.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,992,438 times
Quote:
Yes. Have I ever said the economy isn't bad in FL right now? But I understand that the economy isn't permanent. It changes and it can and apparently is changing for the better in Florida. Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 12-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: i explained in my DM why these 3 sentences were deleted.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,393 times
Just found this as an update for Florida from November 2010

Moody's Economy.com forecast: Florida job growth to top other states in coming year | Tampa Bay business news blog: Venture | tampabay.com & St. Petersburg Times

Old 12-22-2010, 06:54 PM

410 posts, read 700,012 times
Florida? I live in Florida. Cost of living is atronomical and we are at around 15% unemployment right now. I fail to see how we will be "leading the pack" soon. We may get a burst as tourist season is starting, but those are low-wage seasonal jobs held by the hospitality industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,962,576 times
Quote:
Why does FL bother you so much?
If you're really happy living in NJ, why do you feel the need to consistently belittle FL?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:22 AM

4,023 posts, read 6,436,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampbird View Post
Florida? I live in Florida. Cost of living is atronomical and we are at around 15% unemployment right now. I fail to see how we will be "leading the pack" soon. We may get a burst as tourist season is starting, but those are low-wage seasonal jobs held by the hospitality industry.
No, 12% !
And yeah Florida could recover in 2011 and mostly 2012.
This is one of the most competitive state fiscally and one of the most pro-business, investments will resume, no doubts.Bad situations can't last forever you know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or