U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 03:47 PM

3 posts, read 2,863 times

Advertisements

Im a divorced single mom of a 5 yr old looking to finally put more into my filmmaking. I have directed music videos for local artist and im ready to pursue my dream of filmmaking. i currently live in Oklahoma and i really need a change. I want to make a better future and life for me and my child and also start over. many people say moving would be stupid because oklahoma has the best cost of living but we also have not much culture and nothing really to do. I just want a fresh start maybe even date. What are some good cities for independent filmmaking also just great to meet new people,culture,things to do for kids and also a diverse scene. I love the arts and music. just ready to have a awesome new future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,985,020 times
Atlanta, is the new Hollywood.......................

Old 12-05-2010, 07:46 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,985,020 times
Atlanta studio opens as filming in Georgia booms!! Hollywood East Rumors Forum Forum | HollywoodEastRumors (http://www.hollywoodeastrumors.com/forum/-forum/atlanta-studio-opens-as-filming-in-georgia-booms/ - broken link)

Old 12-06-2010, 11:21 AM

5,847 posts, read 11,024,591 times
Long Beach, CA

Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,863 times
thanks for the info....i was looking at chicago and detroit maybe even ohio but i wasnt sure any suggestions

Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 AM

56,656 posts, read 80,952,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefilmmom View Post
thanks for the info....i was looking at chicago and detroit maybe even ohio but i wasnt sure any suggestions
If you are considering those places, then you might like Syracuse. It has the most affordable housing market out of the top 100 metros and you can get a nice, affordable home in good school districts. You might like these websites: Family Times is an award-winning magazine with staff-written news, feature stories and artwork that inform and inspire Central New York parents and their children. - Home

Syracuse New Times - The Central New York Alternative, Local Bands & Events Calendar - LATEST ARTICLES

Syracuse Arts Net Directory

Visit Syracuse :: Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau

New York schools - NY elementary, middle and high school information

cnyrealtor.com | #1 in Syracuse real estate and homes for sale. Search over 6,000 listings.

Syracuse Apartments for Rent | Syracuse NY Apartment Finder

We have all kinds of cultural festivals in the summer too. Off the top of my head, there's a festival based on Greek, Irish, Italian, German, Polish, African American, SE Asian, Middle Eastern and Jewish cultures, among others. There are plenty of colleges close by and is in a great location for day trips to NYC, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, DC, Philadelphia and other major cities. You are close to the adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, the 1000 Islands and much more natural attractions.

You might like a smaller city like Ithaca, NY, which is only an hour southwest of Syracuse. Very diverse college town with a very good arts scene. Many of the major cities in Upstate Ny have good arts scenes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.