U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 AM

86,996 posts, read 102,581,357 times

Advertisements

I saw a Waffle House on the way from Denver to CO Springs the other day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,282,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
It doesn't surprise me that Atlanta would have the most Waffle Houses, given that the Waffle House originated in Georgia. The South tends to have a lot more Waffle Houses than most regions of the U.S. They are starting to become more common here in the lower Midwest, but there's still a long way to go before you start finding a Waffle House at seemingly every exit like you do in the South. Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio are starting to take on a noticeable number of them. Illinois has only two that I know of thus far, but they are going to begin appearing more in there sooner or later. It doesn't really matter to me or not because I don't care for the food at the Waffle House. The only one I ate at was in Tampa and the food was crap
Two is too many for the great state of Illinois.

Meanwhile, I note it's bad enough that Missouri has Jack (Jerk) in the (da) Box.

Why can't the South and West keep their crappy "food" to themselves?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,903,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Two is too many for the great state of Illinois.

Meanwhile, I note it's bad enough that Missouri has Jack (Jerk) in the (da) Box.

Why can't the South and West keep their crappy "food" to themselves?
WHat's wrong with Jack in the Box? I love that place. I'm personally glad that the West was generous enough to bring Jack in the Box to Missouri....at least SOME place in the Midwest has them. Meanwhile, it really surprises me how Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio can have so many Waffle Houses and Illinois have only two, both of which are in the STL metro. That really makes no sense to me at all. I personally don't care for Waffle Houses either way, so....I agree with you there that Waffle Houses are unwelcomed guests in the Midwest and they ought to all pack up and go back below the Mason-Dixon where they belong: Why go to a Waffle House when you can go to an IHOP?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:01 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,783,562 times
I still can't believe the OP said the most Waffle houses are in Fort Lauderdale! There are 5 within 50 miles of me, and only 1 in Fort Lauderdale proper.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:13 PM

35 posts, read 118,404 times
Visiting Atlanta last year, we saw so many Waffle Houses. If you're driving its only a matter of minutes before you see the next one.

I helped myself to some waffles with bacon, eggs, grits, toast with strawberry jam

Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
WHat's wrong with Jack in the Box? I love that place. I'm personally glad that the West was generous enough to bring Jack in the Box to Missouri....at least SOME place in the Midwest has them. Meanwhile, it really surprises me how Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio can have so many Waffle Houses and Illinois have only two, both of which are in the STL metro. That really makes no sense to me at all. I personally don't care for Waffle Houses either way, so....I agree with you there that Waffle Houses are unwelcomed guests in the Midwest and they ought to all pack up and go back below the Mason-Dixon where they belong: Why go to a Waffle House when you can go to an IHOP?
The answer is that Illinois and Michigan are too good for Waffle House! You heard it here first!
Indiana and Ohio are wannabe southern states.

Jack-in-the-Box uses horsemeat or dogmeat or whatever it is. I have been told that the true California experience is In-n-Out Burger.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:19 PM

606 posts, read 2,777,812 times
M type X I totally agree. i think Waffle House capitol would be the south, but then it boils down to the city in the south with the most. Atlanta.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 PM

9,594 posts, read 23,708,591 times
Waffle House??? Mmmm.... *drool*

Why can't Canada have any Waffle Houses?

Why is Denny's the only one in tens of thousands of restaurants in the Toronto Area willing to serve grits?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Waffle House??? Mmmm.... *drool*

Why can't Canada have any Waffle Houses?

Why is Denny's the only one in tens of thousands of restaurants in the Toronto Area willing to serve grits?
Hmm, no NASCAR, no waffle houses. Maybe I'm an honorary Canadian.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM

9,594 posts, read 23,708,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Hmm, no NASCAR, no waffle houses.

Maybe I'm an honorary Canadian.
We also don't have real (Southern) biscuits.

Sure, but can I be an honorary Southerner? I like summer air the way I like my grits...

Thick enough to pick up with a fork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or