U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Edge View Post
It's fine they live here, but they should NOT take control of everything.
Put or shut up. Provide links to factual data to back up your B.S. or shut the heck up. You are appearing to be a trolling racist to me.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,985,572 times
Nothing wrong with Jewish people. If you really want to see a culture completely taking over a place though, move to SoCal.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,969,544 times
30% of the NYC metro is Jewish!? Where are you getting that from!?

You're talking out of River Edge- You're right next to Teaneck, Bergenfield Dumont, and New Milford... Jew Haven.

Last edited by BPerone201; 12-10-2010 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM

687 posts, read 1,375,499 times
This has to be the most idiotic thread I've seen on here in some time.

And Happy Holidays to the OP.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,982,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
This has to be the most idiotic thread I've seen on here in some time.
Agreed. I came on because I thought there was a slim chance it was an actual question about history. Like "why did Jewish immigrants from Europe come here in such numbers instead of to Canada or Australia or something?" Although that might be a false premise too as Brazil has a fair amount of Jewish people. One of the few Jews I met in real life was Brazilian.

Because although the US does have one of the highest numbers of Jewish people in the world they aren't evenly distributed. The average is 2.2%, but many states are well below that average. Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming all look to have less than .5% of their population be Jewish. Of those Arkansas, the Dakotas, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and Wyoming look to only be .1% Jewish or less.

Jewish Population of the United States by State

The show "Saving Grace" dealt with this when their lab guy asked "Am I the only Jewish guy you know?" and they kind of sheepishly answered "Well yeah, kind of." Although the urban parts of Oklahoma I think are somewhat more Jewish. From what I recall the Jewish population is more urban than American average. The following map will give a more county-by-county sense of distribution. Although I should say that it and the "Jewish Virtual Library" might not be a 100% accurate.

http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo...ion/jewish.gif

Anyway paranoid concerns don't take into account the Jewish population is stable, or declining, and that they're not even the most affluent group by religion. That's Hindus. (A slightly higher percent of Jews make over $100,000, but a higher percent of Jews than Hindus make less than $30,000)

Pew Forum: Income Distribution Within U.S. Religious Groups

Although Adherents only goes up to the 109th Congress in that Congress Christian Scientists were more overrepresented than Jews. Traditionally Episcopalians and Dutch Reformed are very overrepresented in high office. (I skipped Unitarian as they aren't that overrepresented in the Congress they list)

http://www.adherents.com/adh_congress.html#109
http://www.adherents.com/adh_presidents.html

Even if one were to be paranoid it makes little sense to think a stable group that represents 2.2% of the population, which has a diversity of schools of thought within itself, somehow is "taking over." At least nervousness about Dutch Reformed, Episcopalians, and Hindus would be something different.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 12-10-2010 at 04:30 PM..

Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Location: Where Sunday shopping is prohibited :) - Bergen County, NJ!
108 posts, read 122,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
30% of the NYC metro is Jewish!? Where are you getting that from!?

You're talking out of River Edge- You're right next to Teaneck, Bergenfield Dumont, and New Milford... Jew Haven.
Rockland County, NY is 31.2% Jewish !

Other places with similar high % is New York City area, Long Island, Orange County, NY and So. Florida

Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Nothing wrong with Jewish people. If you really want to see a culture completely taking over a place though, move to SoCal.
I'm not saying there's something wrong with them... they should stop taking control over America !

There are 2.2% Jews in the U.S., but they are taking 98% control over the nation

Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM

6,489 posts, read 16,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Edge View Post
I'm not saying there's something wrong with them... they should stop taking control over America !

There are 2.2% Jews in the U.S., but they are taking 98% control over the nation
How do you figure that?

Old 12-10-2010, 05:18 PM

11,177 posts, read 22,394,180 times
lol, I REALLY hope the OP is just doing this as a joke and isn't that ignorant.

Jews taking over the country? Are you serious? Get your head out of religion and bigotry and wake up.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Who are you talking about? Mexicans? That's racist.

At least Mexicans are Christians... the more mexican immigrants = higher Christian population
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or