U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 PM

7,732 posts, read 6,978,253 times
^Whatever. I really admire & respect you, ckthankgod - but the entire tone of this thread is really going down a very slippery slope at this point.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 PM

5,180 posts, read 8,538,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Edge View Post
Rockland County, NY is 31.2% Jewish !

Other places with similar high % is New York City area, Long Island, Orange County, NY and So. Florida
I'm having trouble taking this all seriously, but to the degree that I'm able to do so I'll suggest that you've answered your own question right here. Your perception is skewed because you live in an area with a high concentration of Jews. Being that the U.S. has the third highest population of any nation, I'd guess there are other groups who are found in greater numbers here than in any other country.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:52 PM

7,732 posts, read 6,978,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I'm having trouble taking this all seriously, but to the degree that I'm able to do so I'll suggest that you've answered your own question right here. Your perception is skewed because you live in an area with a high concentration of Jews. Being that the U.S. has the third highest population of any nation, I'd guess there are other groups who are found in greater numbers here than in any other country.
Bingo!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 PM

14,748 posts, read 4,350,410 times
Well, I'm a Buddhist and I think the person who started this thread will be upset to learn that the number of us Buddhists have tripled in the last 20 years or so.

Here in the greater Philadelphia area we have over 50 Buddhist temples.

It is not unreasonable to project - demographics being what they are - there will be more Buddhists in the US than Jews in 50 years.

Are we trying to take over? Maybe.

PS, I don't say Merry Christmas ... I say Happy Holidays.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 PM

3,548 posts, read 4,810,018 times
This thread is a waste of cyberspace. As someone who has Jewish family members, I find the underlying motives behind this thread insulting and offensive.

A better question than why so many Jews are in the U.S. is why we have so many racist jerks?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Location: Where Sunday shopping is prohibited :) - Bergen County, NJ!
108 posts, read 24,972 times
This thread has nothing to do with racism or insulting people!

A simple question ~ Why do so many Jews live in the U.S., and not settled in other countries in the world?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, I'm a Buddhist and I think the person who started this thread will be upset to learn that the number of us Buddhists have tripled in the last 20 years or so.

Here in the greater Philadelphia area we have over 50 Buddhist temples.

It is not unreasonable to project - demographics being what they are - there will be more Buddhists in the US than Jews in 50 years.

Are we trying to take over? Maybe.

PS, I don't say Merry Christmas ... I say Happy Holidays.

Well at least the buddhist are not taking power and controlling America as the Jews do.

I don't care what you say - America is still a Christian nation

Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 PM

The Jewish cannot take power and control over New Jersey.... they are against the blue laws, but nothing happens anyway GOD BLESS BLUE LAW !

Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $63,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,386 posts, read 20,385,353 times
Asking why so many of (insert minority group) live in America and suggesting that it's a bad thing that the members of that minority group are "taking over the country" = bashing or racism. Doesn't matter which minority group. City-Data doesn't allow hate speech, bashing or racism, so this thread is closed.

Here's a reminder of that section of the TOS, in case you question whether City-Data has a rule against this:
Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.