U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:39 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,899,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Poor Detroit, if this is the best they can muster.
Are you saying that you believe these chains are the only pizza available in Detroit??
Quote:
The existence of Domino's and Little Caesar's is, culturally speaking, a net loss for Detroit and America as a whole.
No hyperbole here - the respect of other nations around the world is slowly eroding because of this! These companies and the taste of their product may well cost us the support of our allies if we're not careful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 AM

8,348 posts, read 14,176,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Poor Detroit, if this is the best they can muster.
It is not. In fact, if wanted a real taste of Detroit pizza, you would try Buddy's:

Buddy's Restaurant Pizzeria - Detroit's #1 Square Pizza Since 1946

Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 PM

15,607 posts, read 17,905,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
No hyperbole here - the respect of other nations around the world is slowly eroding because of this! These companies and the taste of their product may well cost us the support of our allies if we're not careful!
I was being hyperbolic, thanks :-) I just have a chip on my shoulder about corporatized food.

And I like Detroit, don't get me wrong, Michigan was known for great music and great cars and now it is known for crackers topped with ketchup and cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
It is not. In fact, if wanted a real taste of Detroit pizza, you would try Buddy's:
That's what I was hoping to fish out, someone with pride in a Detroit original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Hmm, I'd hate to hear what you think about Columbus, Ohio, and its fast food.
I confess here that I have a soft spot for Skyline (Cincinnati, I know) which I eat every time I'm in southwestern Ohio.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Michigan was known for great music and great cars and now it is known for crackers topped with ketchup and cheese.
Check this out.... per a GQ article
Best Pizzas in America
What's "known" about anything is determined by who?
I know, just another opinion - what's that old saying about opinions....?
BTW I share your disdain of certain corporatized stuff - I went shopping today at the big hardware chains for something I needed.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
I love pizza
Hello, what's the pizza like in Amman?
Here's a link to a slideshow which illustrates what a good pizza is supposed to look like.
American Pie: Alan Richman: GQ

Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 AM

12,391 posts, read 24,681,359 times
If somebody offered me that pizza I would pick it up and throw it in the nearest trash can. If somebody showed up at a party with that stuff in Chicago they might just get punched in the face.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:06 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,717,360 times
Quote:
Hello, what's the pizza like in Amman?
Here's a link to a slideshow which illustrates what a good pizza is supposed to look like.
American Pie: Alan Richman: GQ
I see a lot of burnt pies in the pics.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
I see a lot of burnt pies in the pics.
Yes, I like my crust slightly charred ala Buddy's - but then again the burnt parts add character. They're only burnt in a thin layer.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,824,455 times
Quote:
Yes, I like my crust slightly charred ala Buddy's - but then again the burnt parts add character. They're only burnt in a thin layer.
its good to see Buddy's on that list! I've always loved that place. I haven't been in a long time though and I don't live too far from the Original on 6 mile. Maybe I'll grab some this weekend

Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
its good to see Buddy's on that list! I've always loved that place. I haven't been in a long time though and I don't live too far from the Original on 6 mile. Maybe I'll grab some this weekend
D.L. & Detroiters - Around The Korner pizza (square, charred, deep dish, carryout only) on Holbrook in Hamtramck was quite good, years ago, as I recall. It was my staple pizza for a while. Give it a try and let me know how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or