U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 PM

13 posts, read 11,330 times

Advertisements

NEW BRITAIN, CT I would actually jump into the race for mayor -if- the two million $$ were mine -personally- [I was a write-in candidate 97, 99; was working candidate in 2001,-withdrew- All three times I posted from Nutmeg TV Joan McCauley, Executive Director ["Public Access"]] Tim O'Brien is the -sitting- one-term- mayor -now- And Republican Erin Stewart is -so far- his LONE CHALLENGER.
New Britain is -AS A INSTITUTION- a "proven commodity" for the long standing phrase of: "DUMB, AND DUMBER". The town has -regressed- in past TWO YEARS ["O'Brien", I -DO NOT- have any 'sharp' / "problems" w/ him personally and, WE ARE VERY CORDIAL. I feel that he TRULY GIVES IT HIS BEST EFFORT. He, "isn't bad" with his - --"Public Forum"-- - but, -apparently- he lacks the insight. I have that -insight- As things stand - "believe what I'm saying" - NO CHILD CAN BE -EDUCATED- COMING FROM THIS -CITY- -I am the last "hero" left standing,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 AM

243 posts, read 397,166 times
Millvile nj small town in New Jersey

Cut down on investors buying old houses and renting them out to section 8/welfare people and holding the landlord liable when their tenet commits a crime or starts trouble.
Tear down and rebuild abandoned houses and offer some kind of loan to help home owners fix up their houses. The middle of town is horrible with the old run down houses.
Encourage new stores to start tearing down or rehabbing old buildings instead of using valuable land
preserve some more land i am tired of seeing animals running out on the streets.
Stop with the freaking Condo/Housing developments so many houses are being built that are sitting empty no one can't afford to buy houses. I like how this one condo complex started doing built to order
Encourage some kind of night life in downtown, Clean up the ghetto areas make it more safe and walkable
some how make the cost of living lower the rent its amazing how you can buy a 4bed room duplex with one bathroom do a cheap remodel and get 1600 for rent smdh
Have some kind of activity center to keep children off the streets
Build a new high school instead of adding trailers for the kids and get rid of the block scheduling i am tired of seeing kids on their phones instead of learning
Have a town carnival every summer we used to have one every year they stopped
Bring a small hospital here, Basically one medical floor with an icu and Er and a out patient area. I think smaller hospitals are much better then having big giant hospital for a few towns.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM

9,434 posts, read 18,343,140 times
1 - Albuquerque has a very weak downtown. Add more residential and mid to high rise towers in downtown. Add a grocery store and promote more retail to locate downtown as well.

2 - Build a streetcar/light rail line down Central Ave to connect the urban nodes of Old Town, Downtown, UNM campus, Nob Hill, and Uptown shopping district. Make this corridor more cohesive and zone it for more density.

3 - Add another light rail line for commuters from downtown, Journal Center, Cottonwood area and on into Rio Rancho.

4 - Scrap the Mesa del Sol development, it's not needed. The city needs more infill instead.

5 - Conserve the West Mesa land beyond Petroglyphs and Double Eagle so that there is always are always beautiful wide open spaces and endless horizons on the western edge of the metro.

6 - Legalize Pot in NM and stop wasting tax payer dollars for petty crimes, follow Colorado's model and use the tax revenue earned from commercial sales on education.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 PM

cap 77 It's happened other places, where minor drugs have been made -legal- it Opens up another level of problems. THAT'S WHAT I HAVE READ.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,145,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilkinson View Post
cap 77 It's happened other places, where minor drugs have been made -legal- it Opens up another level of problems. THAT'S WHAT I HAVE READ.
Where have you read that?

Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 AM

97 posts, read 127,395 times
For Phoenix, AZ:

1. Expand the light rail to all parts of the city and get rid of buses. The buses here failed.
2. Add more variety. I'm sick of seeing more and more chains being built. It's all the same here.
3. Expand Downtown. Add more businesses, improve the skyline, etc.
4. Stop sprawling with more suburban neighborhoods. We have plenty of empty ones already. Also, we need to fill-in.
5. Not sure what I would say about the police force but I think it can do a ton better in some of the bad neighborhoods.

So for the most part, I would like Phoenix to feel more like a city and less like suburbia.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 AM

9,434 posts, read 18,343,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilkinson View Post
Problems such as? Details? Elaboration? What did you read?

Read about Portugal, they decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and drug use has decreased since. Read about the level of incarcerations rates and how they have increased exponentially since the early 1970's when this fallacy called the "War on Drugs" began and surely has done more harm than good to the point where some states are delegating more tax dollars to build new prisons while making budget cuts on education. That is a sad state of affairs and is a poignant example of a society's failure. The severe criminal penalties on marijuana have opened up a level of problems a lot more extreme and they feed cartels making it a never ending vicious cycle. READ some history on prohibition and perhaps you'd understand.

Lastly, READ this...(article on Portugal's drug decriminalization)...http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...rtugal-addicts

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 08-09-2013 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 AM

Default Drugs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
Where have you read that?
I can't give you actual coordinates. One of my house mates had a college project to research the whole topic. I helped him BECAUSE English isn't native to him. Yes, it's come about before in Northern Europe. Their are some deep studies on that. CERTAINLY IT CAME WITH AN INCREASE IN CERTAIN CRIME.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM

862 posts, read 1,216,349 times
1. Double the land area
2. Widen all of US-1 to 6 lanes, from mostly 2.
3. Build another highway to Naples and the Everglades.
4. Bring more retail restaurants like Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, Cracker Barrel, Cheesecake Factory, Chick fil' a etc.
5. Build a waterpark and theme park. Also, build some arcades and a Chuck E' Cheese.
6. Tear down all the condos along the beaches.
7. Get rid of the illegals and the bums.
8. Clean up the downtown area, close half the bars, tattoo shops and make it more family oriented.
9. Build a high speed rail system to Miami.
10. Make the weather less humid.
11. More retail stores such as JCPenney, Wal-mart, Kohl's, Sam's Club, Costco, etc.
12. More medical centers and hospitals.
13. Lower the cost of living.
14. More available and cheaper parking spaces.
15. Clean up all the parks.

Last edited by CountryFisher; 10-12-2013 at 12:25 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,754,121 times
Kalamazoo.
-Put a highway through the city core.

NYC-
Nothing..I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or