U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:02 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,813,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Danny, he has never even been to Texas.

lol he also said we get regular thunderstorms. when was the last time you got caught up in a thunderstorm Danny?? ha ha.

some people are so funny when they start sprouting stupid steryotypes.

C Sur Houston gets lots of rain, not regular thunderstorms. biiiiiig difference.
Pot meet Kettle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,167,283 times
Dude I said I was kidding. go read post number 29, and stop taking things so seriously

Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM

43,555 posts, read 52,658,619 times
What U.S. City Has The Best-Looking Men?

Whichever city has the most gay guys.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What U.S. City Has The Best-Looking Men?

Whichever city has the most gay guys.
So New York???

But NY gave us this guy:

People in the party Hot Hot Hot!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,964,539 times
I think we have had threads like this, but I only find two old ones.

Place with the handsomest men
City with the most attractive men

Gallup lists Boulder, Colorado as low in obesity and high in exercise. Santa Fe is also listed as fairly healthy.

One Million Surveys Reveal Portrait of Americans' Wellbeing

I'm not sure any place really has the "Best-Looking Men" or Women. The question on "What Southern city has the best looking woman" might be easier as I could just think of the celebrities I might consider "best looking woman" and figure out which one is from the South. Same with men. (Although it looks like the celebrity men I find most attractive are Australian. Also most gay guys I've known are either kind of dumpy-looking or kind of slight/weak looking. Even among celebrities Nathan Lane or Bruce Villanche are a bit on the doughey to fat side. David Ogden Stiers was thinner, without being precisely weak, but never exactly a dream-boat. I don't think Paul Lynde would have had women swooning even if he hadn't been so flamboyant.)

Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,238,355 times
What "bugs" me about so many posters from Texas is their on-going effort to bring California down to their level. Metro Matt makes every attempt to portray Los Angeles as flat and uninteresting because Houston is so flat. Others have frequently made claims that Texas is actually a somewhat "blue" state when every election proves otherwise. Now this attempt to make Los Angeles into a bug environment when everyone knows who has been to California that insects are much less evident because it does not rain during summer.

To even suggest that Houston does not get regular summer thunderstorms is an out right lie; in-fact Houston averages around 15 inches of rainfall from June to August; that's about as much rain as Los Angeles gets in an entire year. Please consult the data rather than be totally dishonest. Houston has a sub-tropical summer climate due to several factors, mostly the Gulf of Mexico. It is one of the most humid and uncomfortable climates in the U.S.

Monthly Averages for Houston, TX - weather.com

Now take a look at the data for Los Angeles and pay close attention to the amount of rainfall that is typical in a Mediterranean climate. The average summer rainfall from June thru August is a mere: 0.20 [that is one fifth of an inch of rainfall]. Also take note of those summer temperatures compared to Houston.

Monthly Averages for Los Angeles, CA - weather.com

Summer rainfall means summer bugs; to deny the truth just makes you guys look all the more like total fools. You are not fooling me, yahoos.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:21 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,798,868 times
Californio Sur: I think its time I show you around Houston, the real Houston, not the "Oh I read the Houston forum today! I know about Houston now!!". If you visit it more than a layover, or wait until I finish undergrad, I would personally invite you over, and personally bring you over just so you can experience Houston for yourself.

Californio Sur, if and when you're in Houston, I'm going to make sure that I personally show you around myself and let you develop your own opinions of it after real life experience. Because more than anyone else I know of on this board, I think you should see something before judging it. And I would personally introduce you to people of our age, show you what we do outdoors, where we go, what we eat, and show you the things the place has so you can get the feel of the environment. Because you need it bro.

I know how to have fun in your city, but I can show you how to have fun in mine, outside of posts from City-Data. I wouldn't invite or even insist of personally funding a trip for anyone else here, but I feel like out of all those here, you need to see it in real life for yourself to believe it. Houston isn't San Antonio, it isn't Dallas, and it isn't Austin, so if you've been to those, its no excuse to say "I've gotten the feel of every city in Texas because of one".

For this thread, I am straight so I don't really look at guys and stuff in that way. But if there had to be an answer, it would most probably be where most actors and actresses are, or where the most tourists are at.

Last edited by DANNYY; 12-12-2010 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Tweak.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:25 PM

It seems someone doesn't know the difference between rain and thunderstorms

Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,238,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Californio Sur: I think its time I show you around Houston, the real Houston, not the "Oh I read the Houston forum today! I know about Houston now!!". If you visit it more than a layover, or wait until I finish undergrad, I would personally invite you over, and personally bring you over just so you can experience Houston for yourself.

Californio Sur, if and when you're in Houston, I'm going to make sure that I personally show you around myself and let you develop your own opinions of it after real life experience. Because more than anyone else I know of on this board, I think you should see something before judging it. And I would personally introduce you to people of our age, show you what we do outdoors, where we go, what we eat, and show you the things the place has so you can get the feel of the environment. Because you need it bro.

I know how to have fun in your city, but I can show you how to have fun in mine, outside of posts from City-Data. I wouldn't invite or even insist of personally funding a trip for anyone else here, but I feel like out of all those here, you need to see it in real life for yourself to believe it. Houston isn't San Antonio, it isn't Dallas, and it isn't Austin, so if you've been to those, its no excuse to say "I've gotten the feel of every city in Texas because of one".

For this thread, I am straight so I don't really look at guys and stuff in that way. But if there had to be an answer, it would most probably be where most actors and actresses are, or where the most tourists are at.
Danny, this thread isn't about Houston or Los Angeles for that matter. It's about a funny subject of where the most good-looking men reside. Your yahoo buddy is the one who immediately began making negative remarks about LA and then added things like it was full of bugs. I responded that the climate of Houston is very humid and has regular storms each summer. For whatever reason you and HtownLove wanted to deny the truth which only mystifies me since that means your credibility is at stake. My response is that you and HtownLove are lying about the climate of Houston and I proved it.

This is not about anything else and it most assuredly is not about anything else to do with Houston. BTW, there was a nasty thread on the California forum this morning asking people to give their impressions of Texas. It was a mean-spirited attempt to bash Texas. I did not participate in it but rather called the OP out on his own provocation. So lets stay focused and not get all defensive over comments from your fellow Texan when he starts in about California.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 PM

34,686 posts, read 33,686,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Personally and since I live in metro Los Angeles I think LA has the best looking men because of all the outdoor activities guys do here and keeping in shape. Plus the movie\TV industry draws good-looking men hoping to be discovered. There is a strong emphasis on staying fit with many health clubs. I think Los Angeles is the only city that holds outdoor bodybuilding contests at the beach [except maybe Miami] and models live here as well as New York City.

Can any other city rival Los Angeles for best-looking men?
Would that be their original face in LA?

The Dallas area has some fine looking manly men. From Sarah Palin's Alaska and movies about Montana and Wyoming, I might be tempted to pick cities in those states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or