U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 11:20 AM

3 posts, read 22,614 times

Advertisements

I live in a miserable city in Ohio and its so disgusting..I want to leave for College but I'm not sure what state, I have Colorado, Idaho and Utah on my mind and I was advised that Fort Collins & Colorado Springs in Colorado are two perfect cities but I would like to get some more advices if its possible. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,697,250 times
Colorado offers more than the other 2 combined! Forth Collins is REALLY growing on me lately! It is truly becoming a greta small to mid size town. So many projects their! Plus NASA is about to sign a deal for up to 10,000 new jobs in that area over the next 5 years. I just feel that Colorado has SO MUCH more to offer such as culture, far more sports teams, far more ski resorts. The weather is about the same as utah, but better than idaho. Great airport and transit. Reasonable housing costs. More diverse job market. The list goes on and on. Colorado is your best bet out of these 3! Unless you want the more secluded lifestyle of idaho?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Colorado offers more than the other 2 combined! Forth Collins is REALLY growing on me lately! It is truly becoming a greta small to mid size town. So many projects their! Plus NASA is about to sign a deal for up to 10,000 new jobs in that area over the next 5 years. I just feel that Colorado has SO MUCH more to offer such as culture, far more sports teams, far more ski resorts. The weather is about the same as utah, but better than idaho. Great airport and transit. Reasonable housing costs. More diverse job market. The list goes on and on. Colorado is your best bet out of these 3! Unless you want the more secluded lifestyle of idaho?
Thanks for the reply. I think you are spot on with the stuff about Colorado thats what most people have been saying so I wouldn't really want a secluded lifestyle lol I guess Colorado it is I'll get on the search. Thank you again

Old 12-25-2010, 07:26 AM

34,669 posts, read 33,671,635 times
What's your major? You may want to choose a location for college where after you graduate there are career opportunities in your field, maybe even a chance for an internship, summer or part time job in that industry.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What's your major? You may want to choose a location for college where after you graduate there are career opportunities in your field, maybe even a chance for an internship, summer or part time job in that industry.
Graphic Design at the moment but I'm not sure yet I'm thinking about switching to Culinary school..

Old 04-02-2011, 12:20 PM

12 posts, read 31,534 times
I also grew up in ohio, then fl, but I have lived in Colorado and Utah, by far Colorado is the place to be, I personally loved Ft Collins (and miss it a lot). So Colorado Springs is more of the family / christian town more for families and heavy military influence from the nearby bases, ft collins is more the young person town with csu and nearby access to RMNP, not to mention breweries etc... Utah is not bad. The state is flooded my the mormon church, although there are good job opportunities in the SLC area, and outdoor activities around as well, the people are just kinda different in a weird way, but are overall nice if you dont mind the mormons trying to convert you on the regular... Utah does not seem to have near as many sunny winter days as colorado and although many days are the same, it seems like the front range of Colorado was warmer on more winter days... (except in the mountains of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or