U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 12:54 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,683,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Try this place in Houston, probably the best in Indian specialty in Chicken I've tried outside of India, and its so low key.

I've tried the same food in Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, Miami, and they just don't compare at all to this one in Houston, even some of the upscale ones in Houston don't compare to the casual one. Not even in the same ball park.

Contact us

$5, and that's all it takes to be one very content happy person.
Awesome. I'll have to check it out because I'm always in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 12:56 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,683,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Here it is on Google maps. I live right up the street from Rudy's.

Google Maps
Yeah, lol......I know where it's at; I just never been before.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:58 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,802,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Of course Danny has to post a picture of Chicken Biryani (my favorite thing to get in Indian restaurants). If any of you guys are ever in the Bay Area, there's this Indian restaurant called Biryani House in Berkeley that has some pretty delicious Chicken Biryani.
Oh oh oh I'm about to go pick up some of it right now! Hahaha, be jealous!

But on the real though, Bay Area is one very phenomenal food place for almost every category there is. Like gosh damn, someone should make it an ethnic food paradise or something. So much variety with Mongolian, Thai, Italian, French, Chinese, Indian, Russian, among others. Amber is always a place I look forward to going back too when I visit my cousins in the Bay Area.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:02 PM

2,881 posts, read 4,617,566 times
For L.A., Zankou is great. It's Armenian and they have a great garlic sauce. L.A. Chicken downtown calls itself the "Japanese El Pollo Loco". They do a particular rub that makes their chicken pretty tasty. Both these places are great cheap street foods. Knotts Berry Farm's fried chicken is great, but it's got lots of devotees, so for me it's not worth the long wait.

But I'm actually a KFC original recipe kinda guy anyway. I did have a super-secret San Jose location that always did its chicken tenders PERFECTLY tender and moist and not overcooked like all the other KFCs in the area. I might have to take a trip back up to see if it's still true.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:04 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,570,477 times
Chicken sucks w/o a side of biscuits.

or preferably, just combine the two

http://www.bojangles.com/uploadedImages/Great_Food/Cajun%20Filet%281%29.jpg (broken link)

from bojangles. I hope some of you got new keyboards for Christmas, because I can already tell this is going to make a lot of mouths to waterin.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:04 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,802,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
For L.A., Zankou is great. It's Armenian and they have a great garlic sauce. L.A. Chicken downtown calls itself the "Japanese El Pollo Loco". They do a particular rub that makes their chicken pretty tasty. Both these places are great cheap street foods. Knotts Berry Farm's fried chicken is great, but it's got lots of devotees, so for me it's not worth the long wait.

But I'm actually a KFC original recipe kinda guy anyway. I did have a super-secret San Jose location that always did its chicken tenders PERFECTLY tender and moist and not overcooked like all the other KFCs in the area. I might have to take a trip back up to see if it's still true.
But but but, do Asian Indians & Latinas walk in together at that location in Los Angeles? Is it friendly for them to be seen together eating Chicken? LOL

Yeah the Bay Area is exceptional for food in general. Probably my favorite foodie metropolitan area in the country. Just absolutely fantastic food all around.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:17 PM

2,881 posts, read 4,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
But but but, do Asian Indians & Latinas walk in together at that location in Los Angeles? Is it friendly for them to be seen together eating Chicken? LOL

Yeah the Bay Area is exceptional for food in general. Probably my favorite foodie metropolitan area in the country. Just absolutely fantastic food all around.
Well, there's Salo-Salo Grill in Artesia (that's Little India), but it's Filipino. How 'bout the El Pollo Loco on Pioneer Blvd? An Indian guy and a Latina girl can rub elbows there without causing too much of a stir. As long as they assemble their tacos in silence and don't look at each other. Separate tables, of course.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:44 PM

13,266 posts, read 10,394,274 times
I'm from Kentucky originally. And they make some damn good chicken. Grandma's, Aunts, and mom's fry up some of the best chicken you'll have down there.

KFC can't touch some of the home recipes in Kentucky.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,241,018 times
What's great about chicken is how good each ethnic cuisine prepares it. I highly recommend India chicken [tandoori, bhuna] with rice; delicious! Thai BBQ chicken with spicy honey sauce is just totally addictive. All the Mexican pollo places, Filipino adobo, Japanese teriyaki make super chicken dishes. Chicken is a cheap thrill since it is not expensive but always good.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:46 PM

260 posts, read 668,761 times
Mandarin Chicken at Seven Stars Pepper and Ezelle's Fried Chicken in Seattle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or