Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

if you go to a high school its always a huge amount of white teens, and asian teens smoking. usually the blacks and Hispanics are more opent o smoking marijuana unless this list counts that to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Why Asians would smoke so much ? They're healthy no ?
And you talk about students but students are always different of the rest of the population.
And foreign born asian students can be different of asian american students.
the vast majority of the Asians at my school are from China (and some from other countries). Most don't live in the states besides during school time and go back when the school year is over. They aren't the American born, Americanized Asians.

and no students are not, college students are old enough to be aware of issues in their own countries

Old 12-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
if you go to a high school its always a huge amount of white teens, and asian teens smoking. usually the blacks and Hispanics are more opent o smoking marijuana unless this list counts that to?
^exactly

Old 12-30-2010, 06:58 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
True, but thats in a suburban scenario.
In bad neighborhoods a ton of black teens smoke cigs.
In poor neighborhoods and the ghetto people smoke alot more cigs period.
Most black people I know smoke. I'm surprised the rates are only the same as whites for the most part and not much higher.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM

257 posts, read 609,919 times
I like how the states with the highest poverty rates have the highest smoker rates.

Working retail, I always enjoyed when people using EBT cards ran out and would put away food instead of the two packs of Newports to afford the rest with cash.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
True, but thats in a suburban scenario.
In bad neighborhoods a ton of black teens smoke cigs.
In poor neighborhoods and the ghetto people smoke alot more cigs period.
Most black people I know smoke. I'm surprised the rates are only the same as whites for the most part and not much higher.

what ghetto do you go to? lol most black people in Detroit will smoke a blunt before they smoke cigaretts. I know plenty who think cigs are disgusting but smoke weed

Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM

276 posts, read 432,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Same here...That percentage for Black folks surprises, to be honest.
Well if the feds ban menthol cigarettes than the numbers will go down substantially.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsheely View Post
I wonder why my state (IN) has such a high rate of smoking for both black and whites?
IN has very low taxes on cigarettes compared to many other states. Also, it is close to the South, (KY), that has one of the highest smoking rates of any state in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.