U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 PM

187 posts, read 479,710 times

Advertisements

The first city I thought of when I read your post was Boston. You might have trouble with cost in Boston proper, but maybe some of the suburbs and places like Cambridge, MA. Not too sure about cost of living, or Hispanic friendly since I don't live there but location wise it's ideal for you. I'm from Miami too and I see where you are making these choices from. These are pretty much the same exact things I want in a city ( I plan on moving out of this hellhole when I'm 18 also ). Btw, you mentioned Miami being too hot, but compared to Texas and Georgia, our weather is pretty nice since our winters are warm and the summers never get too hot since it's always cloudy or raining. Texas and Georgia are the same except the summers are REALLY hot and REALLY humid. Good luck!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM

535 posts, read 1,212,403 times
Thanks everybody

I don't know when looking for a job I sticky to my list or I should look everywhere (Yes, even North Dakota)... I just want to fulfill my dreams, be the happiest possible, live in a place I REALLY LIKE, buy my cottage and being able to save some money

Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,567,618 times
Move where you get a job, or move back in with your parents. Since you don't seem to be tooo picky, I would just throw out a wide job search net.

Your post and responses are confusing though... you are moving to cities that are NOT what you want... and throwing out ones that fit your criteria.

Your best bets are going to be DC or Chicago burbs.

If you are looking to get away from Miami heat/humid, Houston isn't going to help you in that dept, nor would I consider it 4 seasons in TX

Last edited by grapico; 01-13-2011 at 11:38 PM..

Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Counting votes:

chicago \\\
Philadelphia \\
Connecticut \\
Houston \
Austin \
White Plains \
DC \\
Rochester, NY \
Boston \

Chicago's winning!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM

1,680 posts, read 3,184,709 times
Well the Washington DC/Northern Virginia area as of right now has the lowest unemployment rate in the US, and has a sizable Hispanic community (although nothing compared with NYC, Miami, or Houston). The only downside is the cost of living but alot of jobs there do pay really well.

That being said just go where ever the jobs are.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM

I checked on payscale about the Account Manager jobs and the majority and better paid are in NYC, DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Houston.... I hope these two years fly and I can leave Florida forever!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM

10 posts, read 12,608 times
I am from Arlington, Texas which is exactly between Dallas and Fort Worth. As far as I know from friends and news, the public school system in Dallas is not the best. The Metroplex (the area including and surrounding Dallas, you could also call this area North Texas) is a hugely diverse place. There are people from all walks of life living here. I enjoy being in Arlington because I can access Dallas or Fort Worth in about 20-30 mins on the highway. Dallas does have a large Hispanic community. Speaking Spanish would probably open many doors for you, job wise.

Also, I had been considering moving to Denver. From what I've read, you can similar things about Denver as Dallas. Good luck! I've lived in this area all my life and have really enjoyed it. I am moving for grad school and will miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or