U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-17-2011, 09:45 AM

18,521 posts, read 13,639,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Just grow up and accept the fact that nothing in Alabama will be anything like Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas in any of our lifetimes. That ship has sailed and your life will be a lot easier if you just acknowledge that. Wishing it weren't so doesn't change that fact.
LOL, leave A&M alone, he is harmless and a really nice guy

I like Alabama. It may not have powerhouse metros but it is still charming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-17-2011, 12:03 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,729,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDiva10 View Post
I saw several posts about the growing black population in Nashville due to the presence of many universities.

Why aren't African-Americans attracted to Knoxville, TN?

The University of Tennessee (UT) also happens to be an excellent university. I think it will be wonderful if Knoxville become more diverse. It is still an ideal place to raise a family despite the fact that America is still somewhat in a recession.

I wonder if African-Americans are turned off by small black population in Knoxville with its location by the mountains. I know it can't have anything to do with racism because many of my black friends enjoy living here and attending UT. That's why I encourage people to visit and check out Knoxville before assuming anything.
If there were references to Nashville and Unversities, I'm sure they were regarding the HBCU's in that city. There's Fisk and Meharry Medical School, two very well known HBCU's. And then there's the big daddy of them all in Nashville, Tennessee State, which is one of the largest HBCU's. TSU has almost 10,000 students. With a student population that large, its understandable Nashville would have a good number of African-American professionals. Don't know much about Knoxville, but there's really no reason that city should be on anyone's radar that I can think of, regardless of their race.

Unread 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM

640 posts, read 584,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
If there were references to Nashville and Unversities, I'm sure they were regarding the HBCU's in that city. There's Fisk and Meharry Medical School, two very well known HBCU's. And then there's the big daddy of them all in Nashville, Tennessee State, which is one of the largest HBCU's. TSU has almost 10,000 students. With a student population that large, its understandable Nashville would have a good number of African-American professionals. Don't know much about Knoxville, but there's really no reason that city should be on anyone's radar that I can think of, regardless of their race.
Ive been to Knoxville, and the real reason is because Knoxville is simply not a good city to be black in unless your enrolled at UT.

Either you live in an all white area where you never see other black people, or you live in an absolute ghetto or a project isolated from the rest of society.
The only neighborhoods in Knoxville ive seen that are majority black are also some of the most terrible neighborhoods ive ever seen across the entire nation.

Unread 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM

640 posts, read 584,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother's keeper View Post
Nah I hear blacks in Cali prisons are threatened by the Mexican Mafia and only cause they have numbers more so than the Aryan Sisterhood(whom are smaller and probably the weakest prison gang)...It says something that even though Aryan fags whom historically hate all non whites(Mexicans included) are forming alliances with Mexican Mafia against blacks...If those Skinheads were so bad they wouldn't need Mexican Mafia daddies/protection to keep black gangs off their asses.
You seem pretty biased and ignorant to the truth.

From my knowledge black gangs are scared of and avoid both the skinheads and the Mexicans, and not all Mexican and white sets are friends. Only the nortenos and whites click together. The whites go to war with the surenos on the regular despite the fact surenos outnumber them 9-1. The blacks mostly stay quiet and bow down to anyone who isn't black in cali prisons.

Thats why blacks are the only ones beefing with each other in cali prisons because they are too scared to beef with anyone else because so few of them are really psycho killers. There mostly just drug dealers and crackheads. You can ask them, they will admit it, I personally know black dudes who spent time in prison in Cali who have told me the Aryans are nothing to f*** with same with the mexicans.

Statistically Aryans are only 1% of the prison population, but account for almost 25% of murders in prison walls. Blacks in prison accept both bloods and crips into the same sets cause they can't afford to break into multiple sets because not enough of them have the heart to stab ppl inside prison. Like I said most of them are in for minor charges like selling crack or stealing cars. The Aryans & mexicans run deep with serial killers and people who live to murder people.

To be in the aryan brotherhood you have to be a murderer and psycho, its a requirement. Alot of whites in prison are not allowed in there cliques because they are not willing to murder anyone at any time. The aryans actually murder there own (whites) who are not willing to kill for no reason.

Last edited by Observation; 01-17-2011 at 04:50 PM..

Unread 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM

8,190 posts, read 5,646,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
LOL, leave A&M alone, he is harmless and a really nice guy

I like Alabama. It may not have powerhouse metros but it is still charming
Stay out of this. We've got history that goes back for a little while that you're completely unaware of.

Unread 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM

18,521 posts, read 13,639,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Stay out of this. We've got history that goes back for a little while that you're completely unaware of.

but he is like a puppy. Totally harmless.

Unread 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM

314 posts, read 321,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
You seem pretty biased and ignorant to the truth.

From my knowledge black gangs are scared of and avoid both the skinheads and the Mexicans, and not all Mexican and white sets are friends. Only the nortenos and whites click together. The whites go to war with the surenos on the regular despite the fact surenos outnumber them 9-1. The blacks mostly stay quiet and bow down to anyone who isn't black in cali prisons.

Thats why blacks are the only ones beefing with each other in cali prisons because they are too scared to beef with anyone else because so few of them are really psycho killers. There mostly just drug dealers and crackheads. You can ask them, they will admit it, I personally know black dudes who spent time in prison in Cali who have told me the Aryans are nothing to f*** with same with the mexicans.

Statistically Aryans are only 1% of the prison population, but account for almost 25% of murders in prison walls. Blacks in prison accept both bloods and crips into the same sets cause they can't afford to break into multiple sets because not enough of them have the heart to stab ppl inside prison. Like I said most of them are in for minor charges like selling crack or stealing cars. The Aryans & mexicans run deep with serial killers and people who live to murder people.

To be in the aryan brotherhood you have to be a murderer and psycho, its a requirement. Alot of whites in prison are not allowed in there cliques because they are not willing to murder anyone at any time. The aryans actually murder there own (whites) who are not willing to kill for no reason.

I could care less about black hoodlums and feel they are the scum of the race but you don't know what you talking about and totally twisting the facts as far as the position of blacks gangs and the Aryan Nation in the Cali prison system....Where are you getting your facts?. Skinheads are enemies(not allies) of Norentos...It's black gangs Norentos are cool with due to having common enemies= the Mexican Mafia and Aryans....

The Mexican Mafia/Surenos are generally understood as the shotcallers of Cali prison cause of numbers and their biggest and only rivals/threats as far as power other than Nortenos are black gangs...There have been several highly documented Mexican Mafia vs blacks prison race riots/fights in Cali prisons which spilled out onto the streets of California but no noteworthy prison conflicts involving the Aryan Sisterhood which is very tealling.. Whiteboys in Cali prisons are irrelevant and food to all sides which is why the Aryan Nation was created in the first place...Its ironic for all there white supremest ideology they mostly only attack/kill other weaker white males and had to form alliances with the Mexican Mafia to stop being extorted and abused by stronger black and other Mexican gangs...

Last edited by brother's keeper; 01-17-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Unread 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM

8,190 posts, read 5,646,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
but he is like a puppy. Totally harmless.
Yeah but he's got mad issues. If you could only see his pitiful PM's to me...smh.

Unread 01-18-2011, 01:33 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,837,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post

Unread 01-18-2011, 01:35 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,837,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
no one int he city of Baltimore would associate themselves with the south. get over it.
Your opinion doesn't erase the FACT that Baltimore/Maryland is in the South.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.