U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,806,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I think this is Dallas and Houston's decade for attracting the most blacks. I just believe it. Atlanta has a huge bubble, but I hope my people will get it together one day...........
Attracting Blacks mostly from other parts of the South and Southern California.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,806,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Again, though, that is a very recent development. 40 years ago there were practically no Spanish-speaking people in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Georgia.....
or Maryland and DC

Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 AM

711 posts, read 977,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDiva10 View Post
I saw several posts about the growing black population in Nashville due to the presence of many universities.

Why aren't African-Americans attracted to Knoxville, TN?

The University of Tennessee (UT) also happens to be an excellent university. I think it will be wonderful if Knoxville become more diverse. It is still an ideal place to raise a family despite the fact that America is still somewhat in a recession.

I wonder if African-Americans are turned off by small black population in Knoxville with its location by the mountains. I know it can't have anything to do with racism because many of my black friends enjoy living here and attending UT. That's why I encourage people to visit and check out Knoxville before assuming anything.
Sometimes I drive to Knoxville to see the Volunteers basketball/football games and the city is cool. I guess some of them believe the stereotypes about the cities/small towns in the Appalachia.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:03 AM

4,135 posts, read 7,189,841 times
500,000 is nothing to sneeze at. The thread should have been called Atlanta draws U.S. black population. It clearly is the magnet for black folks. Its hard to praise Dallas for coming in second because the disparity between the two are so large.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:44 AM

4,023 posts, read 6,435,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
500,000 is nothing to sneeze at. The thread should have been called Atlanta draws U.S. black population. It clearly is the magnet for black folks. Its hard to praise Dallas for coming in second because the disparity between the two are so large.
Yeah but Texas is a big magnet overall, the second largest after Georgia, it's not nothing.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,326,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Yeah but Texas is a big magnet overall, the second largest after Georgia, it's not nothing.
I know you've got a big hard-on for Texas for whatever reason, but kdogg817 is right. No it's not nothing but the disparity between Atlanta and the Texas cities is pretty huge here. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal since Texas is still growing rapidly, but in this particular instance (African Americans), it's pretty small potatoes comparatively speaking.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 AM

148 posts, read 513,082 times
So i guess the south is not to bad afterall for the blacks. By the way al sharp and jess jackson talks the black friends need to leave the south for a better place .
guess that group Naacp (?)has it wrong to.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,326,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post
So i guess the south is not to bad afterall for the blacks. By the way al sharp and jess jackson talks the black friends need to leave the south for a better place .
guess that group Naacp (?)has it wrong to.
I don't recall Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or the NAACP suggesting that all Blacks should vacate the South. Do you have any sources to back this up?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,674,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I think this is Dallas and Houston's decade for attracting the most blacks. I just believe it. Atlanta has a huge bubble, but I hope my people will get it together one day...........
What does that even mean???

It appears you do seem quite jealous of Atlanta and its success; I don't see the difference between blacks moving to Texas cities vs. Atlanta, but yet you keep making it a big dead "Black people need to quit moving to ATL!"....WHY??.

You've been pretty much hoping for an ATL type of growth and development in Texas cities. I still to this day don't understand why don't you just move to Atlanta:

1. You want a large vibrant Black Community
2. You prefer Atlanta's geography over Houston/Dallas.
3. You prefer the architectural stylings of Atlanta over Houston/Dallas
4. You prefer a much more lush enviroment.

Yet, Atlanta doesn't do it for you??? Am I missing smething??

Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 AM

4,023 posts, read 6,435,180 times
Other advantage for Atlanta and often forgotten : Atlanta metro is the favorite metro area for immigrants from Africa, and african immigrants have more babies than African Americans..And Miami's black growth is mainly from Haiti I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or