U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 AM

56,696 posts, read 80,995,527 times

Advertisements

Many just go Upstate, as the major cities in Upstate are around or well over 30%. Buffalo and Rochester are around 40% Black and have higher Black percentages than many Southern cities. Even many of the smaller cities in Upstate NY are between 10-30% Black, if not higher. Even some small towns have relatively noticeable Black communities. Some have moved to Eastern PA too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 AM

6,836 posts, read 12,864,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek View Post
Im not going anywhere and no one wants to stay nor live in a state that has very tough laws and restrictions especially if they have prior convictions. Some of these states for example include Nevada, Arizona, Virginia, Texas, New York, and California. California has some of the toughest laws of any state and add that with the history of the LAPD plus racism and I think thats it a legit (yet small) possible reason why someone could or would want to leave. Not a majority of the reasons that I listed earlier but a reason nevertheless. NOW BOUNCE.
your talk never makes no sense. If im not a criminal i could care less how tough laws are because im not a criminal. New york has tough laws but i feel great. So again bounce before i prove you wrong again.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM

6,836 posts, read 12,864,293 times
yea but i dont see where it says nyc has the hugest decline that any city.

in fact i hear all the time that san Fransisco is the city with the largest amounts of blacks fleeing.

the thing with new york city is that their is just as much if not more black immigrants then southern blacks. Only blacks with southern backgrounds are leaving.

meanwhile africans continue to grow, and Caribbean people continue to grow(but a lot slower then decades back)

Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 AM

2,716 posts, read 2,615,219 times
Cause more Blacks are seeing the light and becoming Conservatives...The South is more Christian Valued and Conservative then some of those other cities. Probably wont vote Tea Party yet though.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM

18,643 posts, read 27,078,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Cause more Blacks are seeing the light and becoming Conservatives...The South is more Christian Valued and Conservative then some of those other cities. Probably wont vote Tea Party yet though.
Blacks have always been slightly conservative. But Blacks also still vote Democrat and that likely won't change. Also, they aren't moving to the South because it's more Christian Valued and conservative anyway and we won't ever vote Tea Party.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM

257 posts, read 350,653 times
Any black person who votes tea party is an u............nvm

Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM

56,696 posts, read 80,995,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Blacks have always been slightly conservative. But Blacks also still vote Democrat and that likely won't change. Also, they aren't moving to the South because it's more Christian Valued and conservative anyway and we won't ever vote Tea Party.
Yeah, that didn't make any sense and if anything, many of the issues that hit the Black community harder are arguably worse in many parts of the South.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM

5,837 posts, read 10,793,129 times
This is not new in the least bit.

Every since the 70s, when the great industrial centers of the heartland were losing the economic edge, and southern cities like Atlanta, Houston, etc. started to boom and become more cosmpolitan and modern, many African Americans, not being that far from their southern roots, realized the tables started to turn.

This is not new at all. Atlanta is full of AAs from Chicago, Detroit, that have moved there and achieved the American dream.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM

18,643 posts, read 27,078,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yeah, that didn't make any sense and if anything, many of the issues that hit the Black community harder are arguably worse in many parts of the South.
Yep. Blacks are moving to the new Southern cities. Hardly anyone are moving to the rural areas or even smaller towns. They are moving to Charlotte, Atlanta, Raliegh, Nashville, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Orlando. Blacks aren't moving to places that have a small economy and job market.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,296,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
yea but i dont see where it says nyc has the hugest decline that any city.

in fact i hear all the time that san Fransisco is the city with the largest amounts of blacks fleeing.

the thing with new york city is that their is just as much if not more black immigrants then southern blacks. Only blacks with southern backgrounds are leaving.

meanwhile africans continue to grow, and Caribbean people continue to grow(but a lot slower then decades back)
I dont think I said that,but if I did thats not what I meant.I was just saying that it is higher than normal in NYC.

Quote:
Only blacks with southern backgrounds are leaving.
Recent Black immigrants are holding it down in NYC,but its not just Southern blacks with Southern roots moving down South.In fact more Africans are moving at a much higher than ever rate than before to Atlanta and Houston.The more established Caribbeans in NYC are also amongst those leaving.We are talking at least 2 generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or