U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 04:49 PM

639 posts, read 1,119,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
u cited the same source genius.

google has 115,000 results on the matter... u can choose which ones are reliable.
elvis stole black music - Google Search
Yes, to make a very small point. It constituted for a very small portion of my post.
The basis of your entire 1st rebuttal that you claim as "proof" revolves completely around a site that is not considered credible by 5th grade English teachers.

The basis of your 2nd rebuttal completely revolves around a google search.
Well, heres a Google search that has 6 million + results on the matter of Aliens controlling humans minds.
Aliens control your mind - Google
You can choose which ones are reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 PM

7,750 posts, read 6,164,820 times
Aliens must be controlling your mind if u think Elvis didn't steal black music.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:47 PM

Thank you for admitting that you lost, and that your "proof" was really nothing of the sort.

You probably have never even listened to Elvis before. I have an extensive knowledge and collection of not only Elvis music, but music from the region he is from, from both White and Black artists, and also Cherokee artists, a genre I doubt you even knew ever existed. Also my family which consists of Whites, Blacks, and Native Americans originates from the area. I trace my roots back to Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville.

Don't get into an argument with me about anything TN, I can drop knowledge on you about the area that can't even be found on a computer unless the computer is at the Tennessee State Museum.

Elvis didn't steal Black music. Only people who are ignorant to the culture of TN from the 20s-50s actually believe that. With that being said, most people are ignorant to the culture, change that, most people are ignorant period.

If you believe that Elvis stole Black music than you also have to believe he stole White and Native music because a large portion of the music he made was originally written and performed by whites and Native Americans from the region.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:23 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,712,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Thank you for admitting that you lost, and that your "proof" was really nothing of the sort.

You probably have never even listened to Elvis before. I have an extensive knowledge and collection of not only Elvis music, but music from the region he is from, from both White and Black artists, and also Cherokee artists, a genre I doubt you even knew ever existed. Also my family which consists of Whites, Blacks, and Native Americans originates from the area. I trace my roots back to Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville.

Don't get into an argument with me about anything TN, I can drop knowledge on you about the area that can't even be found on a computer unless the computer is at the Tennessee State Museum.

Elvis didn't steal Black music. Only people who are ignorant to the culture of TN from the 20s-50s actually believe that. With that being said, most people are ignorant to the culture, change that, most people are ignorant period.

If you believe that Elvis stole Black music than you also have to believe he stole White and Native music because a large portion of the music he made was originally written and performed by whites and Native Americans from the region.
Blah Blah blah. Blacks had little to no rights during Elvis era and he fed off that and used plenty of black artist songs during those time. I will say he has paid respect to many black musicians, but it's pretty much known he pretty much remixed black music and popularized it amongst whites.

You living or knowing about Tennessee means little to nothing; the truth is the truth.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post

I don't give a Damn where u're from. Elvis got famous from black music.. he didn't even write music; purely manufactured.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
I don't give a Damn where u're from. Elvis got famous from black music.. he didn't even write music; purely manufactured.
"U used the same source genius"
"Aliens must be controlling your mind"
"I don't give a Damn where u're from"
- Mr. "feelings caught" Redd

Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM

U on drugs if u think I caught feelings about somebody who is wrong

Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM

265 posts, read 261,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother's keeper View Post
-Soul food dishes being adopted by Southern whites doesn't make soul food Southern...
Soul food wasn't adopted by Southern Whites. Soul food and country cooking is essentially the same thing.

Quote:
-The difference is i'm basing my observation on the fact you never really hear/see African Americans(even in the South) expressing Southern pride where as you are only assuming most have Southern pride cause it's your gut feelings)
Just so you know, I wasn't being exhaustive in my commentary. I do hear Southern pride verbally expressed by Black Southerners, but I was giving it some context.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM

soul food:

SOUL FOOD- AFRICAN-AMERICAN SOUL FOOD

food traditionally eaten by African-Americans in the South
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

"The term “soul food” is used to refer to a type of cuisine that is associated with African-American culture in the southern United States. Recipes for chicken fried steak, cracklins, hoghead cheese, chitterlings, Hoppin’ John, and other popular soul food dishes were first created by slaves who needed to cook hearty and substantial meals to enjoy after a long day of strenuous physical labor. After President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1865, soul food became an inexpensive way for the newly freed slaves to feed their families as they struggled to build a new life."
What is Soul Food?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,580,892 times
I stand corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or