U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 03:23 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,335,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Some of the cities you just named are in the top five most dangerous cities in the US. I don't think it's coincidence that they also have a high concentration of blacks living in them.
This is a flat-out lie. Otherwise, show me proof where Charlotte, Raleigh, Orlando, and Dallas have now or ever placed among the five most dangerous cities in America. Seems like you have a false agenda to promote since you're spreading such misleading information. I'd just rather you come out and say you don't particularly like Black folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM

3,625 posts, read 7,173,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
This is a flat-out lie. Otherwise, show me proof where Charlotte, Raleigh, Orlando, and Dallas have now or ever placed among the five most dangerous cities in America. Seems like you have a false agenda to promote since you're spreading such misleading information. I'd just rather you come out and say you don't particularly like Black folks.
I know Raleigh aint one of them. The "hoods" over here actually look decent and there's not much crime for a medium sized city.

mas23

Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
I know Raleigh aint one of them. The "hoods" over here actually look decent and there's not much crime for a medium sized city.

mas23
Exactly. Raleigh is one of the safest cities in the country for its size. Even Charlotte's hoods aren't that bad.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 PM

639 posts, read 1,118,757 times
Quote:
Exactly. Raleigh is one of the safest cities in the country for its size. Even Charlotte's hoods aren't that bad.
They don't look bad and are not run down, but a select few of them are pretty bad violence wise, but nothing worse than anything you would see in any other city the same size.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
They don't look bad and are not run down, but a select few of them are pretty bad violence wise, but nothing worse than anything you would see in any other city the same size.
I meant in terms of physical appearance.

Even the ones that are bad in terms of violence aren't as bad as the ones you might see in cities like Memphis and New Orleans.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I meant in terms of physical appearance.

Even the ones that are bad in terms of violence aren't as bad as the ones you might see in cities like Memphis and New Orleans.
Who cares about physical appearance when there are people being murdered?

Just because Memphis has a higher crime rate than Charlotte does not necessarily mean there are no neighborhoods in Charlotte that are just as or more dangerous than bad neighborhoods in Memphis. Charlotte is not a ghetto city. There are not sprawling ghettos here, but don't fool yourself into thinking Tukaseegee Road is a joke or "soft".

Memphis has sprawling areas of crime, very large sections of Memphis could be considered the hood, Charlotte is different. Charlotte has sprawling areas of wealth, 3/4 of the city could be considered verging on upper class, so Charlottes crimes are mostly all committed in very isolated small terrible neighborhoods with extreme crime and poverty.

Go to the worst hoods in Memphis and the people and mentalities and crimes being committed mirror Charlottes worst hoods. I'm talking about murders, drug trafficking, Kidnapping, and Prostitution. Not green space and architectural style.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Who cares about physical appearance when there are people being murdered?

Just because Memphis has a higher crime rate than Charlotte does not necessarily mean there are no neighborhoods in Charlotte that are just as or more dangerous than bad neighborhoods in Memphis. Charlotte is not a ghetto city. There are not sprawling ghettos here, but don't fool yourself into thinking Tukaseegee Road is a joke or "soft".

Memphis has sprawling areas of crime, very large sections of Memphis could be considered the hood, Charlotte is different. Charlotte has sprawling areas of wealth, 3/4 of the city could be considered verging on upper class, so Charlottes crimes are mostly all committed in very isolated small terrible neighborhoods with extreme crime and poverty.

Go to the worst hoods in Memphis and the people and mentalities and crimes being committed mirror Charlottes worst hoods. I'm talking about murders, drug trafficking, Kidnapping, and Prostitution. Not green space and architectural style.
Ok dude. It's really not that serious but whatever. All I make is one simple observation and you feel the need to launch into these diatribes. Have at it.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,691,036 times
Quote:
Ok dude. It's really not that serious but whatever. All I make is one simple observation and you feel the need to launch into these diatribes. Have at it.
Yeah; you might want to just let him have this.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Your observation was wrong.
Thank you for admitting that I was right.
I know much more about this subject than you. Ive spent considerable time in both Memphis and Charlotte from the nicest areas to the worst. Theres really no difference between the two when in comes to the hood.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:17 AM

9,086 posts, read 13,294,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I've never been to Nashville and I don't know anything about it, but I don't see how more minorities makes that city "better." I might understand your point about Asians, but all you're going to get with blacks and hispanics are more ghettos. How can ghettos help a city? Ghettos are usually centers for crime which expands outward into non ghetto areas. The city will end up having to spend more money to fight crime.
Please explain if your "theory" were true why the education and income levels among blacks in cities like Atlanta,D.C. and Charlotte are higher than those in Nashville.Why is there a higher poverty rate among blacks in Nashville?
This is why numbers of blcks flock to some cities more than others.
Its because of OPPORTUNITY.Whether is real or perceived really does not matter.
Not to mention let keep in mind that black population inlcudes foreign born blacks.Africans.Atlanta has one of the largest percentage of African Born population.It is a fact that African average educational attainment and incomes are higher than even ....yes ASIANS.

Quote:
African immigrants to the U.S. are more highly educated than any other native-born ethnic group including white Americans. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.
In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively. This information suggests that America has an equally large achievement gap between whites and African/Asian immigrants as it does between white and black Americans.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher, compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.Immigrants groups in general tend to have higher high school graduation rates than the native-born general American population.

I cant imagine all those educated blacks living in "ghettos".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or