U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:42 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,160,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Actually people are moving at the lowest rate ever recorded by the census bureau. The bureau has been recording our mobility rate since 1948 and 2009 comes in dead last when it comes to mobility. This is no surprise seeing how the job market sucks almost everywhere, with a few exceptions like North Dakota. I'm sure the real estate market, with the inability to sell homes, has an effect also.

I don't know what you are talking aboot, people are still flooding my neck of the woods.

Texas growth has not slowed down one. bit.

They took our Jerbs!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Pinoy ka ba?
lol whatever you said the answer is no

I ain't got no change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 01:48 PM

914 posts, read 1,661,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I don't know what you are talking aboot, people are still flooding my neck of the woods.

Texas growth has not slowed down one. bit.

They took our Jerbs!!!!!
I understand this, I'm speaking in general terms and not about one particular place. I realize that Texas has a better than average job outlook, but the unemployment rate in Texas as of December 2009 was 8.2%, the same as New York State. At 8.2% employment is still a challenge to obtain. Like I stated in my previous post. Americans are moving at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 01-15-2011 at 01:56 PM..

Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 PM

7,909 posts, read 12,164,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

lol whatever you said the answer is no

I ain't got no change
LOL, it's filipino for "Are you filipino?". Directly translated, 'jerbs' means something in that language that starts 's' and 'h', has an 'i', and ends with a 't'. Guess I'm not aware of any other meaning.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:06 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,578,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Has nothing to do with current statistics. Plus this sector of the population isn't typically included in unemployment figures anyway.
He said "unemployment", not unemployment percentage. The two aren't the same.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:08 PM

4,023 posts, read 6,435,180 times
http://buzzynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/george-clooney.jpg (broken link)

Guys, why I'm so hot

Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,160,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL, it's filipino for "Are you filipino?". Directly translated, 'jerbs' means something in that language that starts 's' and 'h', has an 'i', and ends with a 't'. Guess I'm not aware of any other meaning.
lol, I am not Pinoy.

Was just making fun of a South Park episode

Old 01-15-2011, 03:49 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,324,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
He said "unemployment", not unemployment percentage. The two aren't the same.
I suggest you read the initial post in this thread carefully. There's a key word in it that suggests that unemployment figures is what the OP is actually getting at. But of course you'd defend any anti-minority statement made on here, so it's not really a shock.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM

864 posts, read 888,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
The other reason.

A greater non-white population, which typically is more prone to live off the government dole, relatively speaking.

*This isn't to say that even a significant minority of any group lives off welfare, only that the culture of some minority groups are less likely to discourage taking public assistance. Some live on it year to year, passing that mindset down generations.
lol, yes white people don't take unemployment or food stamps. They just live on the streets.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,946,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
lol, yes white people don't take unemployment or food stamps. They just live on the streets.
Seriously, I love how the poster calls it a "mindset" which is "not discouraged," rather than, I don't know, a dire situation which is more likely to be faced by certain groups.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM

4,186 posts, read 10,298,476 times
More people want to find jobs there cause more people want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or