Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,695,279 times

Advertisements

Philly Rail System

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,335,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
lol you've heard wrong. Transit is another story though. D.C., for instance, does an excellent job of keeping crime off of its trains, partly due to ridiculously high fares (the buses have issues though).

D.C. has more riders on its trains than Chicago, but Chicago runs 24/7 for two of its most prominent trains and for several prominent bus lines. There's nothing like that in D.C. or indeed most of the cities of the world. Chicago and New York are pretty unique in that respect.
no he/she didnt hear wrong. Crime is being committed constantly per hour in nyc. Just in a low rate thats all.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Vic... View Post
OMG!!!!
I'm tired of people thinking NYC is dangerous.
The media is soooooo evil they make NYC seem like its Iraq.
People like you think NYC is the most dangerous place on Earth, but in reality there was always a city that was worse. Nowadays NYC is not as dangerous as you seem. Yes you do have gritty and ghetto parts that you should avoid or used caution in but its not that bad lol. I can tell you the worst parts of NYC.

Brooklyn:
-Brownsville
-East New York
-Bed-Stuy
-Flatbush
-Fort Greene
-Clinton Hill
-Some parts of Coney Island
-Some parts of Bushwick
-Some parts of Williamsburg

Manhattan:
-Harlem
-Washington Heights
-Inwood
-East Harlem

Queens:
-South Jamaica
-Queensbridge

Bronx:
-Mott Haven
-Eastchester
-Parkchester

and too many other parts to name

As for subway lines in NYC,

-The A/C train is ghetto, especially through Brooklyn and Queens at night
-The J/Z train can be quite ghetto

Okay in short, any line that goes through the Bronx can be rough, except for the 1 train and damn near every line that goes through Northern and Eastern Brooklyn is ghetto, except the L train which is the hipster express but after it goes past Broadway Junction it gets ghetto.

your statement makes no sense. If the media really made nyc look like iraq then why would they make crime rates showing how low crime per 100,000 is in the city?

every hood in this country is portrayed as IRAQ so.............

Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
OMG!!!!
I'm tired of people thinking NYC is dangerous.
The media is soooooo evil they make NYC seem like its Iraq.
People like you think NYC is the most dangerous place on Earth, but in reality there was always a city that was worse. Nowadays NYC is not as dangerous as you seem. Yes you do have gritty and ghetto parts that you should avoid or used caution in but its not that bad lol. I can tell you the worst parts of NYC.

Brooklyn:
-Brownsville
-East New York
-Bed-Stuy
-Flatbush
-Fort Greene
-Clinton Hill
-Some parts of Coney Island
-Some parts of Bushwick
-Some parts of Williamsburg

Manhattan:
-Harlem
-Washington Heights
-Inwood
-East Harlem

Queens:
-South Jamaica
-Queensbridge

Bronx:
-Mott Haven
-Eastchester
-Parkchester

and too many other parts to name

As for subway lines in NYC,

-The A/C train is ghetto, especially through Brooklyn and Queens at night
-The J/Z train can be quite ghetto

Okay in short, any line that goes through the Bronx can be rough, except for the 1 train and damn near every line that goes through Northern and Eastern Brooklyn is ghetto, except the L train which is the hipster express but after it goes past Broadway Junction it gets ghetto.

Sorry buddy brownsville is bad point blank. Im sure the people living their wouldnt say its not that bad.

Also parkchesterr is not that bad in the Bronx are you serious??? Neither is eastchester.. Neither is queensbridge.

lmao you just said nyc hoods arent that bad but you just named some pretty a ok neighborhoods as gritty?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 PM

Crown vic the L train is only hipster express once you hit before brroadway junction. I bet most people would be scared to come off the L train at any stop after the junction.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM

When it comes to trains systems what i admire about nyc is the express local service. I find 2 track one way service to be boring. This video shows what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvSyKirBfI

the one main thing that makes me pick nyc over anything. Thats unless off coarse their are other systems in america that have this??

As for dirt. Luckily most of nyc subway stations are going through renovation so i know in a few years the whole dirty subway thing will be memories as the subways are cleaner now compared to years ago and becoming more cleaner daily.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:11 PM

I like riding the Q train home leaving 34TH Street and versing the local N/R trains for the victory win to 14TH street union square.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL70W...eature=related

it gets no entertaining then this. haha

Old 01-22-2011, 09:15 PM

423 posts, read 642,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Crown vic the L train is only hipster express once you hit before brroadway junction. I bet most people would be scared to come off the L train at any stop after the junction.
Thats what I said

Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM

423 posts, read 642,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Sorry buddy brownsville is bad point blank. Im sure the people living their wouldnt say its not that bad.

Also parkchesterr is not that bad in the Bronx are you serious??? Neither is eastchester.. Neither is queensbridge.

lmao you just said nyc hoods arent that bad but you just named some pretty a ok neighborhoods as gritty?
I didn't say parts of Brownsville, I said ALL of Brownsville is a no go area. Everything I named on there I meant the whole section, unless I said "part", which I did say.

Also any neighborhood where you'd have a good change of getting robbed is a no go zone for a tourist. Theres only like a small portion of Queensbridge thats "safe", and even then you should be aware of your surroundings. PArkchester and Eastchester aren't that bad but its not Greenpoint either.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't say parts of Brownsville, I said ALL of Brownsville is a no go area. Everything I named on there I meant the whole section, unless I said "part", which I did say.

Also any neighborhood where you'd have a good change of getting robbed is a no go zone for a tourist. Theres only like a small portion of Queensbridge thats "safe", and even then you should be aware of your surroundings. PArkchester and Eastchester aren't that bad but its not Greenpoint either.
eastchester doesnt really have much going on except maybe the projects?. Parkchester i wouldn't say is all the way safe but Edenwald is worse then both combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.