U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 19,651 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to get out of my current city/state as I hate the cold with a passion, and fall and winter where I live is definitely cold. I don't like humidity that much either but I do like warm weather, so pretty much a dry heat is what I'm looking for. Also, I know that more times than not with cheap places you deal with rather questionable people and what not, however this is nothing new to me and not much of a concern.

Pretty much I'm looking for the cheapest and most comfortable (warm - hot weather but low humidity) city/state to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,428,603 times
Perhaps San Antonio?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM

12,503 posts, read 12,686,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiEntity View Post
I'm looking to get out of my current city/state as I hate the cold with a passion, and fall and winter where I live is definitely cold. I don't like humidity that much either but I do like warm weather, so pretty much a dry heat is what I'm looking for. Also, I know that more times than not with cheap places you deal with rather questionable people and what not, however this is nothing new to me and not much of a concern.

Pretty much I'm looking for the cheapest and most comfortable (warm - hot weather but low humidity) city/state to live.
You might check out St. George or Cedar City in southern Utah. It's a beautiful area that has been gaining in popularity for it's weather and low cost of living.

St. George, Utah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cedar City, Utah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 28 days ago)

31,878 posts, read 37,849,021 times
Perhaps El Paso, Albuquerque or Tucson.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM

371 posts, read 325,020 times
Texas has a noticably lower cost of living compared to most other states.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,024,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiEntity View Post

Stay away from Texas. The humidity will kill you and it's far from warm; it's terribly hot. When the temperature is still in the 90s at 11:00 p.m., it isn't pleasant. El Paso would be okay though for Texas with a drier heat. Texas is fairly inexpensive, comparatively speaking, but not when it comes to homeowner's insurance (the highest in the nation), property taxes, and utility bills.

Right now, I'm looking at southern Utah as another posted suggested. Cedar City has better air quality than St. George. Fairly hot and dry days, but normally cooling in the 50s at night IN THE SUMMER!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:57 PM

17 posts, read 41,404 times
as always I suggest North Carolina, but South Carolina may be a good choice for you

Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,886,365 times
I would check out Phoenix or Tucson

Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 AM

24,291 posts, read 16,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
I would check out Phoenix or Tucson
He’s correct, Tucson and Phoenix & metro areas are the perfect location for no cold, snowy, icy weather. Low humidity, warm to hot, sunny days 95% of the days, no earth quakes, no hurricanes, no tornadoes, the economics are they’re affordable for most anyone.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 19,651 times
Wow, thanks a bunch everyone for the quick replies. I should have came back sooner.
Now it's time for me to check out these places and do some work myself. Once again, thanks everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.