U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:25 AM

77 posts, read 385,754 times

Advertisements

What do you like so much about Santa Fe & Tucson? And how are the people there? What's it like? I only Know California. What part of California are you from?

I'm in L.A. County, the part I'm so familliar with is pretty much, everyone has this "Me First Mentality." Just about all the younger crowd at least looks either Gang Related, or looks like they admire that Rap/Gang Mentality. No one says hi to each other, no one really has any manors towards eachother. And it's kinda just how everyone was/wasn't raised.

Anyway, how is it out there in Santa Fe & Tucson?

Hey guys, honestly- feel free to laugh, Hopefully this is ridiculous for me to even think of.

But the other two things I think about are- IF I go somewhere that's pretty in the middle of nowhere. (Santa Fe & Tucson, on Google maps looks like a city, but surrounded by nothing.) just sayin.. So I think of places like that- being infested with Drugs? Am I wrong? I'm thinking there's probaby a huge Meth Problem there or worst. And I kinda am thinkin, where there are drug addicts there are big time crimes..

ALSO! I watch this Channel called I.D. (Investigation Discovery) Has a lot of programs like Forensic Files & "New Detectives" type of shows.. Which are like True Crime shows, they just sort of tell you about an actual crime that took place- tell you the whole story, re-inact it a little etc.. We've noticed from watching those programs, they pretty much ALWAYS! Take place outside of California! I never hear of any of that going down in CA, or NY. It's always some place out there where they have woods & Desert. Got to thinkin.. Out there you actually have a chance to get away with crimes like that.

Anyway, I hope it's ridiculous & I hope I'm just being silly. But do you guys know if stuff like that goes down out there in those parts of AZ? Big Meth or Drug Problems? Murders, Kidnappings etc..?

And also, just what is it you like about it?

thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 AM

Oh wow, gee, how helpful- thank you so much! Originally, Wisconsin was the first place I looked at.

Just today, cause of some other people here- the last couple hours I've just been researching Arizona- Tucson & Santa Fe area (Scottsdale) Man do the Neighborhoods look Beautiful!!!

Wisconsin, I think the reason I decided maybe not, was cause it just seemed to be really cold & just snows probably too much right? And looks like it rains a lot? or no? It seemed that way to me.

And then, I think the number 1 thing people my age do is drink? I don't drink at all!

But if you live there, please tell me how it is-do you like it? how's the weather? what's it like?

thank you so much by the way! Very helpful!

Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 AM

Can you please be more specific then? Texas is Huge. What parts of Texas do not have Tornadoes, or floods etc.. And have very nice neighborhoods? What is DFW? please & thank you!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 AM

17,644 posts, read 36,154,092 times
christianguitarist--

A suggestion. Once you have some areas you want to know more about, go to the forum for that state/city and read the wealth of information that is already there, from large numbers of people who actually live there. Then, if you have a specific question you can't find an answer for in the existing posts, ask your question in a new thread there. You will get more and better information about the areas you are specifically interested in that way. Good luck !

Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 25 days ago)

10,509 posts, read 14,343,593 times
Several years ago the INS wanted to relocate their records so they did a study that, among other things, looked at natural hazards.
They came up with all sorts of handy little maps showing risks of tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes. They decided that 40% of the counties in the US were too hazardous to relocate to because of possible natural disasters.

Here is a link if you want to look at those maps: INS Siting Study

Old 01-31-2011, 01:00 PM

56,705 posts, read 81,017,273 times
Outside of snow storms(which get taken care of in a timely manner), Upstate NY hardly gets any natural disasters. I've only know of maybe a handful of tremors and everything else is very rare.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,266,862 times
New Jersey - no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods. And there are all 4 seasons; the summers are hot and the winters are cold.

Crime is low and is for the most part contained within a few specific places which won't affect you at all. There is lots of variety in types of places to live - city, suburb, exurb, etc. And it's definitely not in the middle of nowhere.

I gotta say that it's not doing too well in terms of business right now though.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM

Thank you all So Much!!! Any Others???

Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

847 posts, read 1,638,711 times
I live in Rochester, NY and can tell you first hand that the worst "natural disaster" we ever had here was an ice storm in the early '90s.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:49 PM

726 posts, read 1,871,191 times
Rochester/western NY in and of itself is a "disaster"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.