Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:12 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,971,439 times

Advertisements

The map tells the story -- apparently either the very northern tier of the Northeast or Midwest, or the Intermountain West. Phoenix, Arizona appears to be the largest city in a zone that is free of any potential disaster, by eyeballing it I'd guess one of the western New York metros would come next (as long as you don't count lake-effect snow as a "natural disaster").

Although it looks like by simply avoiding California, the Gulf Coast, the Coastal Southeast, and the tornado belts of the Southern Plains and Lower Mississippi you're probably fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,985,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianguitarist27 View Post
I want to find a place that doesn't have Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes or floods. I know it exists! I KNOW IT! Has To Exist!
LOL! Most of the continental U.S. is relatively free of natural disasters!

Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times
^^ The OP is no longer a member of CD.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:52 AM

8,605 posts, read 10,136,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I do not think that there are any polaces with no such things, but there are places where they are uncommon. I live partly in Michian and partly in OC. In our part of Michigan, we do not have earthquakes of any magnitude (normally, but it is possible to have one anywhere on the earth). We do not have hurricanes. There are tornadoes, but not as common as in places like Kansas, Oklahoma or Arizona. We did spend a few nights in the basement this past summer, but it was all false alarms. We do get blizzards once in a while, but nothing severe. No wildfires. No floods. So it is less of a natural disaster area, but hardly problem free. You cna live in a nice community with no badness nearby and houses are really really cheap. You just cant get a job so you need to bring one with you. (Do economic disasters count?)
Tornadoes aren't actually that common in Arizona.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:55 PM

595 posts, read 1,255,381 times
Sacramento area and north might suit you. Check with the county office for flood zones. Even RB has flood zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.