U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM

639 posts, read 1,118,896 times

Advertisements

I'm a big fan of the show, but it got me thinking.
If someone from a less violent country were to watch this show would they be scared, or think we are violent and numb people?

I mean ive seen 2 where both parents were murdered in front of there children, and another one where a 9 year old was hit by a stray bullet while playing in her front yard, really really sad stuff.

For those of you who don't know, the first 48 is a show on A&E where they follow homicide detectives the first 48 hours after a homicide, or usually until the solve the case. It's not scripted. The people are real victims of murder, and (some) of the suspects are real killers. The cameras just follows and records while the detectives do there thing.

They also have update specials where they let you know if the suspect got convicted, etc.

From what Ive seen, the worst ones are almost always in Miami or Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 AM

94 posts, read 265,424 times
I didn't come from a less violent country, but from a less violent city.
Living in Morelia, Mexico was very safe, seemed like nothing ever happened there. When i moved to Chicago, Gage Park, ... A causing told me, "don't go out at night cause the Latin Kings or Satan Disciples are outside ready to rob you", well it looked like a very very nice neighborhood, so i thought he was exaggerating, until i went to the Corner store and on the way back a couple dudes asked me "what you is n*** ", I responded "what"?, they told me "put your had like this", I did, then they told me not to wear hats. I thought to myself, "dont wear a hat? people here are stupid as f$#^#". Then i would hear gunshots sometimes. With all that said, I have never seen that show in my life, BUT I'VE HEARD ITS "GOOD"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or