Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:47 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,148,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can't speak for Texas and California, but uh, who/what/where are these supposed "very serious, violent white gangs" in Chicago? What, the Wrigleyville Jets and the Roscoe Village Sharks?
12th St. Players of Cicero, IL and Simon City Royals. I think both of these gangs have Mexican members though. The majority of Chicago white non hispanic gang members are in Mexican gangs or are in factions that have a diverse membership.

The last news report relating to 12th St. was in 2008 when a high ranking member was arrested in Berwyn
http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berwyn...et-gang-jailed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:50 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,274,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
12th St. Players of Cicero, IL and Simon City Royals. I think both of these gangs have Mexican members though. The majority of Chicago white non hispanic gang members are in Mexican gangs or or factions that have a diverse membership.
I think "Duces" is another active White gang.

Ironically most of the "white thugs" are in the suburbs...

Old 02-11-2011, 06:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,737,620 times
The Simon City Royals? Seriously, there's about, what, 10 of 'em left? Man, they sure are a tough lot holding it down up there in that war zone that is Mayfair.

When you have to go back to 2008 to find news of "serious, violent white gangs" then they're just not that serious.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 AM

4,111 posts, read 9,015,671 times
Quote:
The Simon City Royals? Seriously, there's about, what, 10 of 'em left? Man, they sure are a tough lot holding it down up there in that war zone that is Mayfair.

When you have to go back to 2008 to find news of "serious, violent white gangs" then they're just not that serious.
Yes, because the Latin Kings and Latin Counts are not that serious. Like Chicagolond said, a lot of those guys are actually white..

Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 AM

2,559 posts, read 4,606,146 times
Default boredatwork

gang members are those who depend on other ppl bc they are weak alone

Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Yes, because the Latin Kings and Latin Counts are not that serious. Like Chicagolond said, a lot of those guys are actually white..
Very few of them are, certainly not enough of them that the Kings/Counts are "white" gangs.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM

17,919 posts, read 24,188,670 times
Most white thugs in America are described as being a part of 'rings' rather than 'gangs' which is simply a slight organizational distinction with membership in 'rings' being more fluid and lacking social identifiers such as a public name for the ring (i.e. a gang name) or signs.

Some of the scariest people in my city are not in identified gangs but are a part of a criminal scene involved in burglary, drug manufacture, and auto theft. They are often young, White, and definitely not people you want to mess with any more than a registered gang member.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,128,208 times
In california we have tons of white gangs.

In california we have an equivalent to this tho, they are called bros.
Tweak bros, thug bros, cholo bros, dirt (offroading) bros, surf rat bros, ufc bros, etc.

Generally speaking the tweak, pot, drugs, alchohol laced energy drinks, and general shady behaviour such as stealing copper wire and car break ins leads bros to fight....other bros.

These fights typically take place at a house party, hotel, chevron/big lots parking lot.

Notice the baggy cloths, flat billed hats, tatoos, and monster energy drink t shirts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoxn7I0urA

Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
In california we have tons of white gangs.

In california we have an equivalent to this tho, they are called bros.
Tweak bros, thug bros, cholo bros, dirt (offroading) bros, surf rat bros, ufc bros, etc.

Generally speaking the tweak, pot, drugs, alchohol laced energy drinks, and general shady behaviour such as stealing copper wire and car break ins leads bros to fight....other bros.

These fights typically take place at a house party, hotel, chevron/big lots parking lot.

Notice the baggy cloths, flat billed hats, tatoos, and monster energy drink t shirts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoxn7I0urA
So wait, where was the fight? All I saw was some a-hole throwing a couple sucker-punches and one of his friends throwing another one. And then a bunch of people standing around going "duh..." If this is indicative of a so-called "serious, violent white gang" problem, then it doesn't seem any more serious in California than it does here.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:47 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,128,208 times
Quote:
So wait, where was the fight? All I saw was some a-hole throwing a couple sucker-punches and one of his friends throwing another one. And then a bunch of people standing around going "duh..." If this is indicative of a so-called "serious, violent white gang" problem, then it doesn't seem any more serious in California than it does here.
Who said anything about a" serious violent white gang problem", can you read? I was noting that bro's are the closest thing california has chavs. And you don't have bro's in Chicago, so you wouldn't really know, much about said culture now would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.